Page 82 of 165 FirstFirst ... 32 72 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 92 132 ... LastLast
Results 1,216 to 1,230 of 2463

700K a year would be manager spin for 500-600K.

I haven't had a huge issue with James. The guy is being pulled from pillar to post and is strengthening whichever position he is in. What's your boggle MT?

First Grader

Absolutely ludicrous money to spend considering the talk of the interchanges going from 8 to 6.

Some random comment from a poster on another rumour thread on another site;

There are rumors not is all happy at the Titans. Some of the Titans players that were there before Garth Brennan came are not happy with the dollars that are being shelled out for the players Brennan has brought with him from over at Penrith. If Boyd joins them on the deal reported it will likely increase the angst.

Unsure what to think as haven't heard anything about that, has anyone else?

GOLD COAST TITANS SET TO SIGN RAIDERS' SHANNON BOYD

"We go to the Titans and I can tell you there's been a really interesting, the development in the last week," Badel said.

"The TItans have tabled a $2.4M offer for Shannon Boyd, the Raiders monster. He's coming off the bench at the moment for the Raiders, and Canberra have put together what they believe to be the best offer they can. It's about $550,000 a season, but I'm told the Titans offer trumps that from the Raiders, it's about $600,000 a season, so they've offered a four-year deal for Shannon Boyd, and they are very confident of snaring him.

"Now, there is an adjunct to this. Jarrod Wallace, the Titans prop who is an Origin player, has until June 30 to activate a clause or a 12-month extension in his favour. So Wallace has the ace up his sleeve. The Titans have put a four-year extension to him on top of that 12-month option, so they're hopeful that Jarrod Wallace will stay.

"I spoke to Garth Brennan about whether there is implications of the Boyd signing if Wallace stays, he tell me that if Wallace takes up the deal, they also have salary cap space for Shannon Boyd. I'm hearing that Boyd could make a decision in the near future, so don't be surprised if you see him in Titans colours next season."

http://www.sportingnews.com/au/leagu...m1hm5adf49joka
    Psmitty

Inactive User

^^^ unreal so there you go, there’s no reason that we cannot have both Boyd and Wallace. If anything it’s a motivation for Jarrod to sign the new contract. Glad to see the Boyd contract is not as high as was reported too.

First Grader

Garth seems to like these 4 year deals

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    700K a year would be manager spin for 500-600K.

I haven't had a huge issue with James. The guy is being pulled from pillar to post and is strengthening whichever position he is in. What's your boggle MT?
    Boggle - not sure I know what that means JB.
    Re James I'm just disappointed that he is very inconsistent. I thought that first game he was terrific and hoped he had turned it around after a poor 2017 but in my opinion he is plodding a bit. He is big enough to really hit the line like Burgess, Graham, and Marty T do but he just doesn't. Him doing this as captain might fire the others up a bit but he just seems to go through the motions like most of our players, without putting his body on the line. He's far from our worst but by now he should be making a name for himself at NRL level. Only two years ago he was mentioned as Origin material but now he would not be worth considering. Like a few in our team, I don't think he is playing to the value of what he is being paid.

Re Boyd, I agree with UptheT's that we need to be careful paying big money for a prop that plays limited minutes now that the interchange may further reduce.

Sorry, it's a line from the classic action film "Demolition man". https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NbSXrH_CPKg

‘We want players who want to be here’: Titans issue ultimatum to off-contract prop Jarrod Wallace
    Peter Badel, The Courier-Mail
    May 9, 2018 5:08pm
    Subscriber only
    GOLD Coast coach Garth Brennan has warned the club won’t be held to ransom by Jarrod Wallace, as the Titans prepare a $2.4 million contingency plan by tabling a formal deal to Canberra prop Shannon Boyd.

Wallace is testing his value on the open market, with the Queensland Origin prop having until June 30 to advise the Titans whether he will activate a 12-month option in his favour for next season.

But Brennan is adamant the Titans will not get into a bidding war for his services.

While the Titans coach remains hopeful of retaining Wallace, who could fetch offers of $700,000-a-season on the open market, Brennan urged the Maroons prop not to be motivated solely by money.

“If Jarrod doesn’t want to stay, then it gives an opportunity for a kid like ‘Mo’ (rookie prop Moeaki Fotuaika, who made his NRL debut last week) to jump out of the ground,” Brennan said.

“Jarrod is my preference, he is a local kid and I’d like him to stay here, that’s my priority. But if he doesn’t want to do a new deal, I can’t sit on my hands.

“We can’t be guilty of what has happened here in the past.

“Local kids have put pressure on the Titans to pay more to keep them to stay.

“I want players who want to be here and want to play here.”

Brennan confirmed the Titans have tabled an offer to Boyd, which is believed to be a four-year deal worth around $600,000 annually.

The Courier-Mail understands Wallace’s option for next year is worth $500,000.

It means Boyd stands to earn more than Wallace in 2019 if he joins the Titans, although the Maroons prop’s salary will eventually increase under a four-year extension tabled by the Titans.

There is a possibility Boyd and Wallace could both be on the Titans’ books next year, a scenario that Brennan insists would not put the club under salary cap pressure.

“If Shannon comes as well we could fit them both into our salary cap,” he said.

“It would leave us lighter in other positions but a front row with Wallace, Boyd, Ryan James and Jai Arrow is a handy rotation.

“If I knew I would keep Jarrod, I might not have chased another prop, but it’s a double-edged sword. Do I wait and see what Jarrod does and if he says I’m going, then we might miss out on a quality player like Shannon Boyd.”

Titans centre Dale Copley forged a bond with Wallace in their junior years at the Broncos and urged him not to quit the club that has turned him into an Origin bookend.

“You want to keep your best players and Jarrod is certainly one of them,” Copley said.

“I daresay the club is doing everything they can ... they certainly won’t want to lose him.

“In his last year at Brisbane, he was one of the best bench props in the game then he came down here for a chance and has taken it with both hands.

“He’s gone from being a bench player to a State of Origin player.”

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/...6eb084dbf16eb7

Not playing the player manager game anymore.

Inactive User

^^^ I love this so much. In the past we’ve had our players just run with their managers to the Drongoes Media and then played a game with us.
    This is the first time I can recall where the club has said ok then we’ve made you a good deal and if you are going to stuff around we will look elsewhere.
    Good on you Brennan.
    Jarrod has been offered a great contract by the club and it’s still on the table.
    Our club couldn’t have been fairer.
    I like this change in policy.

My worry with Boyd would be his longevity. Does 4 years put him into that category? I don’t know… but when he made that break against us the other day his running style looked so awkward a bit like a badly designed android on steroids that was on the verge of exploding into pieces.

Wallace is a bit overrated so I’m not overly concerned whether he stays or goes.
    Last edited by RavShamrock; 09-05-18 at 09:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RavShamrock View Post
    My worry with Boyd would be his long jeopardy.
    Longevity?

I wouldn't sign any forward on for more than 3 years, as it gives them too much time to get get comfortable and lazy within a club. Even though I rate Jason Taumalolo highly, that 10 year contract he got is ludicrous

Yeah that's the 1

cheers Mt
    Last edited by RavShamrock; 09-05-18 at 09:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mexican titan View Post
    Longevity?
    ahahahhahaahaha Ravs mate you're having an absolute barry of a time on this forum :rofl:

Quote Originally Posted by NZTITAN View Post
    ahahahhahaahaha Ravs mate you're having an absolute barry of a time on this forum :rofl:
    Mate you keep trying to have a crack but I don't get it?

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by RavShamrock View Post
    Mate you keep trying to have a crack but I don't get it?
    RVS he’s just having a bit of fun with you. I’ve been there too with the lads, I once suggested we recruit Ricky Leutele and convert him into a Lock Forward and copped it for a while.
    It’s all good man. Just keep being RVS.