Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by C-Whiz View Post
    I just re-watched the game, well the first half and some of the second, it's still hard to watch that second half.
    Burr seems to over run a lot of plays, reminds me of Zillman with his support.
    We were lucky to beat a very ordinary Tigers side in the end, so whether that was down to Elgey going off early (but we still looked pretty good for the first 20 minutes he was off) I don't know.
    Some really good looking players out there though, so there are signs of lifting but without Elgey its going to be a big ask against an embarrassed Manly outfit next week.
    We have the bulldogs next week

Our "ability" to concede multiple tries in quick time is beyond ridiculous. I'm pretty sure that last night was the fifth time this season that we have given up 3 tries in less than 10 minutes - Panthers, Boncos, Raiders (x2) and now the Tigers. Then throw in games like the Warriors where we gave up 2 in 4 minutes to give them a sniff at the death. It numbs the mind!

Watched the game at a flat party and therefore forced everyone else to watch it because I'm a selfish p.o.s. No regerets.

The Tigers scoring run was extremely concerning but a win is a win and Leichhardt aint easy to win at.

Biggest concern is the injuries, hoping LG and Sezer aren't out for too long although I can't help but be excited at the prospect of Jamal Fogarty potentially getting a run. Still, fingers crossed the injuries aren't too bad.

Sezer had a really good game on the back of what has been a really good season. I also though Morts wasn't actually too bad when he filled in....can't do what LG can do though. That left to ride ball to put Don in to space, then to follow up on the inside for the try...class. It's no coincidence our attacking stats have gone up since he's been there and it's skilful plays like that which contribute to it.

Don's the man. I have no idea how he manages to evade tackles like he does but he does it and him and Jimmy do have a good combo. I'm sure Meady would've pulled off the same play but as it stands, Don is doing a fantastic job.

Roberts used his speed to create space for Don and seemed to be busy a lot. That try he scored was pretty decent too..strength got him over instead of speed.

Yes we beat an understrength team but a win's a win...I'm happy and picked us up a few more fans last night

Quote Originally Posted by Brock O'Brien View Post
    We have the bulldogs next week
    Haha, yeah mate, you are right, I think I need to have a longer lie down.
    Still got DCE bouncing around in my skull!

ps, I wish we had Manly next week....

Quote Originally Posted by amaline View Post
    Did anyone catch Myles' (accepting on behalf of Sezer) MotM interview? He said something regarding DCE along the lines of "Glad it is all sorted and both teams can get back to playing footy. They are playing tonight, so hopefully we both had a win..."
    Yea, I saw that too - not the sort of thing he should be saying imo, but probably wants to help out his bff
    We have the Mead, the Mead for speed!!!

Quote Originally Posted by C-Whiz View Post
    Haha, yeah mate, you are right, I think I need to have a longer lie down.
    Still got DCE bouncing around in my skull!

ps, I wish we had Manly next week....
    We wouldn't have DCE to give it to , Origin week & I'm sure the Queerslanders will love having the Gymnist back in the 17 (secretly hoping Mal sticks with Morgan)
    #itaintweaktospeak

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    Don's the man. I have no idea how he manages to evade tackles like he does but he does it and him and Jimmy do have a good combo. I'm sure Meady would've pulled off the same play but as it stands, Don is doing a fantastic job.

Roberts used his speed to create space for Don and seemed to be busy a lot. That try he scored was pretty decent too..strength got him over instead of speed.
    Don > Mead

Does anybody know exactly how bad LG's injury is?

Sunday Footy show said he's out for 2 weeks

Quote Originally Posted by indoallstars View Post
    What type of injury is it?

Thank god we got that win. Loving Don and Roberts.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Match Highlights: NRL Round 13

PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Jimmy the Jet is giving Don really good space, and Don is turning chances into tries.

I think the comeback had zero to do with elgey except for possibly Moseley getting fatigued sooner. we didn't score any more points with LG gone until late, but we didn't need too.

It was the huge momentum swing of Don taking that ball dead. Tigers capitalised and we shrunk into our shells for 10 minutes.

and Karnage - your point about manly being unbalanced is right on. there is a number like 22% or something floating around which is what DCE will always be taking up in the cap. almost a quarter for almost a decade. crazy. and dead money like myles makes it even more absurd.

Quote Originally Posted by indoallstars View Post
    thankfully not as bad as first thought then.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBouveng View Post
    Jimmy the Jet is giving Don really good space, and Don is turning chances into tries.
    It wasnt a shock to see JR hold onto the ball the first time Don had some space, was a shock to see Elgey giving a cutout pass on the right side.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by karnage View Post
    I was trolling Manly fans last night saying that they would be losing by just as much with Myles in the team, and there is no doubt that is the fact. Manly have given big money to DCE (fine - but overs), Myles (complete dud and MASSIVE overs) and Matai (complete crock). I'm going to love death riding them for the next EIGHT years!!

Good win but that might have been our season tonight - the injuries to Sezar and Elgey did not look good. We have no cover for either of those guys. It was good to see us finally win a tight game even though we never should have let them get back into it. The try off the kick seemed an incorrect decision but did anyone here, for even a fraction of a second, think it would go up 'No Try'. I didn't.
    Ive been death riding the Titans for a number of yrs so I know how much fun you're gonna have.
    Last edited by teke; 07-06-15 at 09:44 PM.
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

Not one of ours obviously, but a special moment for the Tigers Kiwi debutant Manaia Cherrington. You can hear this being echoed during our press conference - it's his friends and whanau performing a haka for him outside the changing rooms out of respect for him making his debut. Awesome.