Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathonbcode View Post
    I can understand Myles not being at his best, due to his partner being diagnosed with cancer.
    Yep and so can I … that's when the coach says 'Nate mate, I'm gunna stand you down because you're not helping anyone, now go and look after your wife'. And he says 'okay coach' or he digs in and plays for her.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

So has Don's bomb defence and general play put Gordon out to pasture? Only injury should exclude Don from now on.

i meant to mention also well before his kicks out on the full mort was hurting us....just chose the wrong option almost every time. we have our most potent backrower, centre and winger on that side, and he just never got it to the right guy. Taylor was steaming on his outside many many times, and would have been impossible to stop once or twice if given a simple short ball. but he dummied and ran into 2 defenders. the times he did pass, Taylor had 2 or 3 people in front of him.

Just got back off the train and I'm absolutely fuming. I'm going to give myself two days to calm down. If come team list Tuesday Mortimer is named in the team then I am cancelling my membership. If the Gavin Badger isn't dropped from all duties then I'm cancelling my membership. If whoever the hell were the onfield refs still have a job I'm cancelling my membership. At this stage I want nothing to do with the NRL. Two out of three games stolen due to Gavin Badger being incompetent. I'm over paying my hard earned to have these close games decided by incompetent referees. I'm DONE, my family is DONE, the NRL can reimburse the club for my membership cause due to the ineptness of their match officials I am done with the NRL.

Jk
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidBouveng View Post
    So has Don's bomb defence and general play put Gordon out to pasture? Only injury should exclude Don from now on.

i meant to mention also well before his kicks out on the full mort was hurting us....just chose the wrong option almost every time. we have our most potent backrower, centre and winger on that side, and he just never got it to the right guy. Taylor was steaming on his outside many many times, and would have been impossible to stop once or twice if given a simple short ball. but he dummied and ran into 2 defenders. the times he did pass, Taylor had 2 or 3 people in front of him.
    Agree 100%, however in fairness it was Mortimer who turned the ball back inside to Simpkins to put Sezer over. Otherwise was a really poor game. Not a half, more of an effort player to spell the hooker. We have that already. As much as i dont think Falloon brings much in attack, i like him doing some of the heavy defensive work early until Moseley is up to 80 minutes. Either way he is a real keeper.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    Yep and so can I … that's when the coach says 'Nate mate, I'm gunna stand you down because you're not helping anyone, now go and look after your wife'. And he says 'okay coach' or he digs in and plays for her.
    Haha, I think they would be a tad more sympathetic instead of saying "you're not helping anyone". Maybe, he has gone with the "digging" in approach and it's just too much of a distraction, which it would be for any sane human being.

Off topic but I can see Bird leaving by the end of this year or early 2016.

I'm not a student of the game like others on here, but if you have a HB who kicks it out on the full TWICE with minutes to go when you are in front, then its time to rethink his spot.

If you are trying to make a decision between 2 fullbacks, and one of them misses the simplest read of the night to allow a try and one does one of the great cover tackles of the season, not to mention one who lets the ball bounce for an opposition try versus one who goes high for the ball etc, etc, then if you can't make that call now, then you are not a coach, you are a pacifist.

If you are a coach, and you see your team behind by 2 with seconds to go on the clock, they do the onside kick, gain posesion, and then kick it down field to the opposition with no chasers, then you need to start asking questions of YOURSELF at training.

I was one of few that bothered to attend tonight (and I know there were others on this forum) but what i also know is that of the members that I sit with, EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM was asking questions about what the team was thinking at pivotal moments when training and instinct should be kicking in. We had no idea what to do when the game was ours to be won.

We literally kicked away possession because we didn't know how to win.

Most of the sentiment here is spot on. Elgey has to come in now. Falloon is decent and we need him with MoseleY for the time being. Bird was ordinary in attack but put on some decent hits in defence. Zillman must be dropped along with Mortimer. There is no question about this and I'll be extremely disappointed if Henry doesn't pull the trigger. I thought James and Taylor started well running the hard lines outside in but we didn't make the most of the space that was created. It shrunk when Bird ventured out there.

Some horrific refereeing didn't help, but Zillman and Mortimer ensured we would lose.

Geese are the ultimate team players.
    They honk to encourage one another!

Good to see Henry looking oh so relaxed (almost happy) in the post-match press conference, despite kicking the season off with three p*ss poor losses (for various reasons). I thought coaching was supposed to be stressful? Bellamy looks more focused, and concerned with his team after a win. Interesting to hear Henry sidestep the Elgey question ... didn't give much away, but it doesn't sound good for next week.
    Last edited by K2G; 22-03-15 at 09:56 PM.

If Mortimer is the halves partner to Daly Cherry Evans...I..I would just give up on this club ever making sound decisions. EVER. Jesus...

Quote Originally Posted by K2G View Post
    Good to see Henry looking oh so relaxed (almost happy) in the post-match press conference, despite kicking the season off with three p*ss poor losses (for various reasons). I thought coaching was supposed to be stressful? Bellamy looks more focused, and concerned with his team after a win. Interesting to hear Henry sidestep the Elgey question ... didn't give much away, but it doesn't sound good for next week.
    Neil "Carty" Henry … and we are in very big trouble.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Will need to watch the presser and see

Carty got moved on after yrs of poor results. Henry will not be afforded the same luxury. He's gotta act swiftly because the titan fans now know how to get rid of under performing management.
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

watching again...i know i said Sezer had a good game....he had a effing great game. last kick aside, he really did step up tonight and played like we all thought he could after a few good early games.

he also acted like the real captain. gave James a serve after first try and was demanding more from players. when he scored his first try, he was still not satisfied and was keen to get the kick done and get going again.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    Well fcuk me dead! How many ways can you fcuk yourself.

Mortimer, Zillman, Myles and Bird are just walking liabilities. James is not a wide running forward and why oh why are Mead and Roberts even on the field, the poor lonely blokes?

Totally disgusted by the lack of leadership and tactics … this is the week where we find out whether Henry has a pair.

Played well: Sezer, Don, Moseley, Douglas, James, Taylor.
    Played okay: Hoffman, Simpkins, Pettybourne, Falloon.
    Played poorly: Bird, Myles, White.
    Played well for the Knights: Zillman, Mortimer.
    Weren't given even 1/2 a chance: Roberts and Mead.
    Just back from the game and agree with most. I have copied Titanics as it's the closest to what I think without having to say it again.
    I watched LG in QCup and he has to come in soon. I thought Sezer was good in general play but can we find a kicker in general play that can find the ground. For Christs sake.
    Bird, Zilly and Morts atrocious and if Bird's mind is elsewhere he should go now.
    I know plenty on here rave about Roberts but other than a few flashes of brilliance he has been ordinary and his defence is poor. As for tonight, did nothing.
    However I do believe the team has a better structure in attack. Had Carty been here that would have been a boring 20-6 loss, but for sure it's time Henry made some changes.