Thumbs up Andrew Voss joins Fox Sports

VOSS MAKES THE CALL TO JOIN FOX

FOX Sports has signed commentator Andrew Voss to join the network’s 2015 rugby league coverage. He will call matches on Saturdays and Sundays.

Voss left Channel Nine in bitter circumstances 18 months ago and was restricted to calling Warriors games for Sky TV in New Zealand. He joins Warren Smith, Matt Russell and Joel Caine as the Fox Sports commentators this year.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

That's good to hear. He is a League tragic and actually covers the game in a positive light. He is too good to just waste on Warriors games.

It's a pity Channel 9 and Ray Hadley don't have a spit, which would see Hadley cast into the never never..

Yeah, it won't happen why Ray Warren is still around.

Hadley is embarrassing, he intentionally names the position of the player in full as the player gets the ball to allow his finger to scroll down to the team sheet to find the players name. e.g "who passes to the centre 3/4er (finger scroll) James Roberts (at this stage already knowing the ball is going to the wing so still finger scrolling) passes to the wing 3/4er Anthony Don who goes in to to score". ...and that my friends, is one of the greatest back line movements you will ever see! (OK...I made up the last part)

He's a great caller but i thought while he was calling all the NZ games we didn't need an interpreter except when Halligan made a comment

I like Vossy great caller
    #itaintweaktospeak

Vossy, easily the most fun to listen to, and really understands and loves the game. My favourite caller.

Too bad he can't get his gig back on the Footy Show too. He was the future of that show, but that's another thread...

Forget to mention I find Vossy quite entertaining as well. It would've been great to get his call on the game against the Donkeys and Wigan (?) the other morning, when Parker was going for the conversion in the final moments of the game. He (Vossy) would've erupted I reckon..
    Last edited by Toads; 25-02-15 at 02:41 PM.

I agree. I love him. A true lover and student of the game. He made the RLWC all the more fun.

Also a keen internationalist and very knowledgeable. A big coup for RL television coverage!
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Gonna cope some flack here but I'm of the opposite view. I may invest in a digital radio so I can these games without his annoying voice, continual whinging about scrums, insults to others, food talk and general attitude.

I personally rate very few commentators below him.
    A huge fan of the Bulldogs but first and foremost an fan of the game and the game needs the Gold Coast Titans!