Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 17 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Show and Go View Post
    Hey guys is there anywhere to park for free within walking distance of the stadium?? I'd be happy to walk 3k's or so if i had to.

cheers
    I don't want it to sound like I'm having a go and your reasons are your own, but I never got what the problem people have/had, with the public transport to the stadium.

I think Robina town centre is about 3 km's away. Not sure if you're allowed to park there though, there was talk last year that they were going to allow a certain amount of parks to be used for the stadium.

Rep Player

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    Henry to gamble on dual fullbacks

Sat 28 Feb, 2015, 6:00am
    By Tony Webeck, Chief Queensland Correspondent

Gold Coast Titans coach Neil Henry is set to unveil a dual fullback attacking structure for his team's Round 1 clash with the Wests Tigers, unable to split incumbent William Zillman and high-profile recruit Josh Hoffman.

In between off-field controversies the main talking point over the summer at the Titans has been whether Hoffman would unseat Zillman for his preferred position at the back but it appears as though the pair are going to embark on a job-sharing arrangement overseen by Henry.

When teams are announced next week only one man will be wearing the No.1 jersey but Henry believes he can better maximise both players' strengths and their contribution to the team by rotating the pair between fullback and left centre as the game unfolds.

Embarking on his seventh season at the Titans, Zillman was the hero when he kicked the winning field goal against the Bulldogs in Round 26 last season while Hoffman has made no secret of the fact that he wants to make the fullback position his own, a belief that led to him leaving the Broncos after seven years in Brisbane.

"It's going to be one of those things where there might be a bit of positional change during the game, fullback to left centre. It mightn't be ideal but we might start like that," Henry told NRL.com.

"It gives us an option to have two guys carrying the ball at different times who might be a bit fresh as well. 'Hoffy' has got a great carry, a strong carry of the ball on kick returns; 'Zilly' is quick and also got a very fast play-the-ball.

"I don't know if they're going to really rest out in the centres but you'll cover less metres than you do at fullback where you're following the ball all the time.

"It might be a situation where we have got some fresh legs at the back by rotating them between two positions. It's a bit of a change-up too, they're different style of players so it can work; we'll wait and see."

All throughout the pre-season Zillman and Hoffman have been alternating between fullback and left centre during training drills and in the trials. Any potential confusion is likely to be found out by the kicking games of Wests Tigers captain Robbie Farah and half Luke Brooks but the upside is a lighter workload for one of the key positions on the field.

It also puts doubt in the minds of the defence when in attack and Titans half Daniel Mortimer is confident that he and five-eighth Aidan Sezer have done sufficient work to have developed combinations with both Zillman and Hoffman.

"We've trained hours each day all week for the whole pre-season so we've got some combinations with both," Mortimer said. "We know how both play so I don't think that will be a factor as long as we're communicating on the field.

"They both play pretty similar styles, they're both hard runners and quite skilful with the ball so as long as the communication is there it doesn't matter who's at the back out of the two."

Henry is resigned to being without automatic selections Greg Bird, Dave Taylor and Beau Falloon for the season-opener but says it will provide an opportunity for some young players to step into some sizeable shoes.

"We've got to finalise our 17. We're going to be without at least three guys – 'Birdy', Dave Taylor and Beau Falloon – but Matt Robinson, Lachlan Burr, Kierran Moseley, Jai Ingram, there are a few replacements there," Henry said.

"They're going to have to step up because they're replacing some quality and some impact with our attack. Kierran Moseley and Matt Srama have been training well, Christian Hazard has been good at training, so we just have to cope with that."

http://www.nrl.com/henry-to-gamble-o...medium=twitter
    This cannot be real. How can we still be entertaining the idea of Zillman being let anyhwhere near the fullback position when we have Hoffman and Mead. I call shenanighans!

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    I don't want it to sound like I'm having a go and your reasons are your own, but I never got what the problem people have/had, with the public transport to the stadium.

I think Robina town centre is about 3 km's away. Not sure if you're allowed to park there though, there was talk last year that they were going to allow a certain amount of parks to be used for the stadium.
    I'm coming from Jimboomba so driving makes the trip shorter. Plus I'm planning on heading down early for early dinner with a mate.

Hey guys is there anywhere to park for free within walking distance of the stadium?? I'd be happy to walk 3k's or so if i had to.

cheers
    I'm still not sure about parking at Robina Town Centre but don't people walk from the Dog and Parrot pub which is not far from Robina TC. I park and ride by train from Helensvale so don't know much about the parking.
    AS DB said they need to get the trains right as many times in the last couple of years they have stuffed up. I have still been at the station nearly an hour after the game finished yet at other times I have walked straight on to a train. Why they cannot line a few up between Robina and Varsity and just fill em up one after the other I don't know. They can do it at Sydney Olympic Park for 80,000 but not here it seems.

I'm coming from Jimboomba so driving makes the trip shorter. Plus I'm planning on heading down early for early dinner with a mate.
    Mate.....2 choices that I can recommend. First choice is the park and ride at Mudgeeraba. If you are having dinner with a mate then drive to the Wallaby Hotel and get yourself a nice counter meal (or their restaurant if it is no expense spared) then drive over to Firth park for the free shuttle bus. Then do it all in reverse after the game.

Second choice....Drive to the Dog & Parrot at Robina and look for a fella named C-Whiz (Chris)...he will look after you.
    Last edited by shamus; 02-03-15 at 07:51 PM.

Junior

Anyone Guessing of what they think of what the line will be for the weekend? Apparently Whitey is out with a hamstring?

Quote Originally Posted by timor 2 View Post
    Anyone Guessing of what they think of what the line will be for the weekend? Apparently Whitey is out with a hamstring?
    Zillman
    Mead
    JR
    Hoffman
    Don
    Sezer
    Morts
    Douglas
    Moseley
    Pettybourne
    James
    Robinson
    Myles

Hala
    Ioane
    Burr
    Srama

is what I think we will see

Zillman
    Mead
    JR
    Hoffman
    Don
    Sezer
    Morts
    Douglas
    Moseley
    Pettybourne
    James
    Robinson
    Myles

Hala
    Ioane
    Burr
    Srama

I think you may be close to mark except I think Ioane would be ahead of Pettybourne to start , I would prefer we went straight into round 1 with Elgey to start & Morts on the bench

This team is on a hiding to nothing & will be given zero chance of winning the match so I say play it with the kids
    #itaintweaktospeak

Zillman
    Mead
    JR
    Hoffman
    Don
    Sezer
    Morts
    Douglas
    Moseley
    Pettybourne
    James
    Robinson
    Myles

Hala
    Ioane
    Burr
    Srama

I would have White instead of Petty.
    And Petty and Hazard on the bench instead of Srama and Iione.
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

Go Z-man, hope you have the best year of your career. If he's starting at #1 then i hope he shows us that he really wants it, earns it, and deserves it this year. No excuses.

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN PETE View Post
    I think you may be close to mark except I think Ioane would be ahead of Pettybourne to start , I would prefer we went straight into round 1 with Elgey to start & Morts on the bench

This team is on a hiding to nothing & will be given zero chance of winning the match so I say play it with the kids
    i'd prefer that aswell
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by teke View Post
    i'd prefer that aswell
    So would I

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Gold Coast Titans round one forward pack.
    Reported via our Facebook group: <a href="https://t.co/uMJZgNUFUD">https://t.co/uMJZgNUFUD</a>
    <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/NRL?src=hash">#NRL</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/TLT?src=hash">#TLT</a> <a href="http://t.co/uMuMw7PDRw">pic.twitter.com/uMuMw7PDRw</a></p>&mdash; OverTheLineSports (@OverTheLineAUS) <a href="https://twitter.com/OverTheLineAUS/status/572295054301126656">March 2, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" ch****t="utf-8"></script>

Damn I hope Srama doesn't get the gig ahead of Moseley at Hooker.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Gold Coast Titans round one forward pack.
    Reported via our Facebook group: <a href="https://t.co/uMJZgNUFUD">https://t.co/uMJZgNUFUD</a>
    <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/NRL?src=hash">#NRL</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/TLT?src=hash">#TLT</a> <a href="http://t.co/uMuMw7PDRw">pic.twitter.com/uMuMw7PDRw</a></p>— OverTheLineSports (@OverTheLineAUS) <a href="https://twitter.com/OverTheLineAUS/status/572295054301126656">March 2, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" ch****t="utf-8"></script>

Damn I hope Srama doesn't get the gig ahead of Moseley at Hooker.
    That's just the team Travis Meyn named as the "possible" side in the GCB

I have only been privy to Titans twitter and what you good souls are saying on this site about our pre season prep. Playing wests Tigers rnd 1 is as good as it can be for us right now considering the disruption. Going off our club culture, I am expecting a determined effort, and hopefully we jag a wink to start the campaign. Counting down till kick off!