Page 54 of 60 FirstFirst ... 4 44 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 ... LastLast

LOL to whoever changed the topic title.

Daly Cherry-Evans was kind of but not really a Titan!
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Quote Originally Posted by kioli View Post
    Wow, can't believe this. Not just that he backflipped but that he left it until the last minute so we've lost key players for next year.

I'm in shock, this is awful.
    It's devastating because we fell from such a high.

Imagine trying to explain this to young kids!?

I really have to doubt DCE's personality and priorities.

I can see him being disenchanted with Rugby League because everyone dislikes him and ending up a Wallaby or something.

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

Quote Originally Posted by Mexican titan View Post
    So Henry was reportedly told at 10am so it would be fair to assume that Graham Annesley was told by Henry shortly after.
    Why then didn't the Titans take the lead on this and blow the story into the open. We owe Manly and DCE nothing.
    Hopefully because we can hold our heads up high and say that the club has acted with integrity throughout this whole ongoing saga. We are the injured party and DCE comes out of this looking like a money hungry twat and Manly live up to their grubby reputation.

Sad day for the Titans, the NRL and the game in general. When integrity and honesty mean nothing. What a poster boy DCE will make for the NRL now!

Onwards and upwards!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post

I can see him being disenchanted with Rugby League because everyone dislikes him and ending up a Wallaby or something.
    Good!

Quote Originally Posted by Show and Go View Post
    DCE has become a player that I will hope gets injured everytime he touches the ball.

- - - Updated - - -

Just another thing. I'd absolutely send Myles to Manly this season.
    I agree, send him asap

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TitansFan92 View Post
    I suggest you go to the Manly forum where you belong mate.

I belong here noob.
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

Junior

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
    It's devastating because we fell from such a high.

Imagine trying to explain this to young kids!?

I really have to doubt DCE's personality and priorities.

Yep Diehard, Your right now I have to explain to my son who was always asking why isn't DCE playing for us this season after he said he said was signing with the Titans, I kept telling him its not until next season...now I have to explain to him DCE is not coming.... I should get DCE to tell him personally....... I know this is bad but I hope the Donkeys smash Manly on Friday and I hope DCE has a SHOCKER....

Quote Originally Posted by Mexican titan View Post
    LOL C-Whiz. You are waiting to see what he says before you get fired up but you have wished injury etc etc. I await with interest your later posts if the backflip is true. Should be nice and defamatory!
    Fark him, and Fark Name Myles too, he obviously knew all along what was going on. I'm a Queenslander, but I'd rather lose than have to cheer for Dog-act Cherry-Evans. Seriously, I couldn't give a toss if he broke both his legs. I've never wished actual injury on a player before, but I won't blink an eye if his career ends tomorrow. I would actually find it most humorous and ironic if Manly were left paying a $10million debt for a guy who ended up not being able to play another game of first grade.

Before anyone tells me that I'm over reacting etc, recap all the lies and BS he put this already struggling club through, the fans and all his supporters, not to mention the team he plays for. I don't want someone like that in my club, not in my state team and certainly not representing my country.

Also, before you tell me he did it "within the rules", that's just a copout for a sell-out dollar chaser who puts himself above the game and the fans who actually provide the dollars to give him a contract.

Remember all the headlines about how good he is for rugby league, a poster boy for all the kids, the clean cut, stand up, straight shooter that puts our faith back in the future of the game? Remember how excited we all were because he was the shining beacon of purity that would guide us through this time of turmoil? Yeah, I remember all that! And it's not just all the backflipping and lies, it's the fact he let the Titans let go other players to make room for him. He can get farked! I just hope karma catches up with him and he gets what he deserves. I won't care, I won't bat an eyelid.

He's ruined the NRL.FOR.ME. This competition is farked, the administration is farked and the game is a farking joke. Who are we supporting? What are we paying money to go and watch? Basically we are just cheering whoever can't get a better contract in another jumper at another club.Fark it, I'm over the NRL.

Daly Cherry-Evans forfeits right to be trusted after Titans contract backflip
    EMMA GREENWOOD GOLD COAST BULLETIN JUNE 03, 2015 2:24PM
    http://www.goldcoastbulletin.com.au/sport/nrl/

TITANS fans have every right to feel bitterly disappointed at the Daly Cherry-Evans debacle.

But no one should be surprised.

Despite repeated chances, the 26-year-old never shut the door on speculation he could renege on his Gold Coast deal.

And that alone should have had alarm bells ringing.

While the NRL announced yesterday it would change the rule that gives players until Round 13 of the competition to backflip on deals, huge damage has been done to the image of the game, the player, his existing club and his managers after their blatant exploitation of the registration deadline.

You can’t blame Cherry-Evans for plumping for millions of dollars and the kind of job security almost unheard of in professional sport.

And while the eloquent explanation that the financial security of his young family is paramount will wash with some, Titans fans should feel cheated.

Not only are they missing out on one of the best playmakers in the game.

The fact is, Cherry-Evans’ signature had a ripple effect for decisions at the Gold Coast club.

Luring the playmaker meant the Titans took their eye off Aidan Sezer — a player they described as the future of the club when he was signed straight out of the NRL under-20 competition.

Sezer has been lost to Canberra and has no intention of turning his back on the deal with the Raiders.

It probably impacted on their ability to offer more money to retain captain Nate Myles — a man who will now join his Origin teammate Cherry-Evans at Manly next season.

And it has made the already under-pressure Titans look like sports recruitment’s version of the bumbling Keystone Cops.

As slick a presentation as Cherry-Evans put on in front of the media today, he has reneged on his word.

Rugby league has for too long run on the “good bloke’’ index.

Cherry-Evans is right that he has broken no rules. He remains one of the NRL’s most outstanding players.

But if a man’s word is his bond, he has forfeited his right to ever be trusted.

And the Titans and their fans are the ones paying the ultimate price.

Just saw a great thought bubble come up on Facebook. All Titans Members/Supporters should turn their back on the Manly squad (specifically DCE) when they run out to face us. Thinking THAT idea could and should get some social media traction...

DCE is well-fitted to the adage "you can take the boy out of Redcliffe ..." as any person who can remember the BRL circa early 70's will testify, especially if you were a Wests Panther.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Rep Player

Quote Originally Posted by teke View Post
    I agree, send him asap

- - - Updated - - -

I belong here noob.
    Yep definitely going to be worth the salary cap dedicated to those 2. Enjoy!!

First there was Money Bill Williams and now there is Dollar's Cents Everything...........

Just got home from my kids Jiu Jitsu class. His coach is the Titans wrestling coach. I asked him to teach our second rowers how to leg lock and bust some ACL's before Rd 18.

Manly can go get stitched and as for dog cherry Evans I hope he breaks a leg. On the plus side I for 1 am hoping elgey schools dog cherry Evans in Rd 18
    Knick knack patty whack give a DOG a bone
    DCE f.........k off home

Tbh i wouldnt feel bad for dce if he got a really serious injury. I hope karma gets him. Will bird be back for the manly game? I would love to see james and bird take cherrys head off

To those sending pm's, I'm Insta-deleting....not even bothering to read.
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]