Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Junior

Default Neil Henry Coach for 3 years

NEIL Henry has been appointed Gold Coast Titans coach for the next three years.

Henry will become the club’s second coach following the resignation of foundation mentor John Cartwright last month after nearly eight years in the position.

Do you think he will do a good job? Let us know in the comments below

An option of a fourth year pending performance criteria is met is also believed to be part of the contract.

The appointment will be made official at a 2.45pm press conference this afternoon.

Henry has been acting as caretaker coach since Cartwright’s resignation.

The Titans are yet to win a game under Henry but have been crushed by a horror injury toll.

Sunday’s final game of the season against Canterbury at Cbus Super Stadium will be Henry’s first game officially as full-time head coach.

The 53-year-old joined the Titans this season as an assistant to Cartwright after five years at North Queensland.

He took the Cowboys to three straight finals appearances but was sacked by the club with the Titans luring him to the Gold Coast.

Henry coached Canberra for two years prior to his Cowboys stint as was also an assistant to Mal Meninga during the early years of Queensland’s eight-year Origin dynasty.

This is a good thing, i like him as a coach, now we needs to sort our playing roster to have any chance next year.
    This year will be BLUE Go NSW!

Quote Originally Posted by Toads View Post
    Prince lost of his shine when Matty Rogers retired. Matty used to make him look good (IMO).

In fairness, he deserves a chance and the hand he has been dealt is like a foot.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

He's certainly gonna get a chance with a 3 yr contract.
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by teke View Post
    He's certainly gonna get a chance with a 3 yr contract.
    Hilarious mate ... our club administrators weren't taught 1 and 2 at school ... and that probably explains the Zillman situation too.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

3 years... It is what it is. Congrats to Neil Henry though.
    I can't imagine big changes for the last game simply due to numbers available, but I have no doubt in him picking the best team based on merit next year and having a plan on the best way to use them.

could be an interesting post season review and I am sure the pre season training and rumour mill will be very interesting.

I think that this is a good move by the club. Henry sounds like a coach that knows his footy and doesn't blame a loss on 'luck'. He deserves to be the next coach as he has been with this club for the past year. Hopefully he can recruit smartly and bring some strike players to the club. Personally I think we need to try and get B Hunt, Hannant and a strike centre to the club in the next few years. Will be interesting to see what he can do with the team after a full preseason. It will take a big effort to turn these boys around.

This is a big win for the club. We have a new coach.

Never mind quibbling about the length of the contract - three years is standard fare. I mean what is he supposed to achieve in one year with the roster at his disposal?? Managers will not bring their players to negotiate with a club that has a coach on a one year deal - they want the security of knowing who will be on charge for their duration.

Time to get behind him and support him.

Quote Originally Posted by karnage View Post
    This is a big win for the club. We have a new coach.

Never mind quibbling about the length of the contract - three years is standard fare. I mean what is he supposed to achieve in one year with the roster at his disposal?? Managers will not bring their players to negotiate with a club that has a coach on a one year deal - they want the security of knowing who will be on charge for their duration.

Time to get behind him and support him.
    My thoughts exactly. A coach needs at least 2-3 years to try and secure players and build team culture.

Building a team is prob the only thing Im hoping for with Henry.

He's had almost full control of this squad the entire yr.
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

Junior

Congrats to the new coach. Zillman named for Bulldogs game at FB and David Mead benched. Humph!
    Call me Mr Stupid but...

Junior

Call me cautious but I am going to reserve my judgement until I see:
    1. Who he brings into the coaching staff
    2. Any signings he makes. Hopefully Hannant will be one.
    3. Lastly how long it takes him to get rid of Zillman

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Stupid View Post
    Congrats to the new coach. Zillman named for Bulldogs game at FB and David Mead benched. Humph!
    Now would be a good time to tell everyone he was the main person behind Zilly returning there when Mead was in rep form.
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

Junior

Typical Neil Henry specials over the weekend like running Michaels off the bench and now Meady too. As a cowboys fan I was stoked to see "the king" leave. Henry is a useless coach and everyone will want his head by mid next season. I definitely will not be getting a membership next season.