Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Obviously everyone has there right to be a member in 2015 or decide not to for any reason they choose, but as far as I am concerned I wanted change and change has come and it came much quicker and larger than I was ever expecting.

Now it is up to me to keep my word and show my faith.

I think some people are still using the club as an excuse for not renewing, but I don't think the club could do much more to prove to the fans that they are listening and have taken immediate action.

- - - Updated - - -

Ps, I am not referring to anyone in particular or any particular post, it's how I have felt since before Searle and Cartwright resigned, and since then I felt the club had upheld its end of the "deal", and now I feel members should let that chapter be put behind us and consider this a new chapter in the Titans history.
    I feel the club really needs us now and we have to repay the faith they showed in the fans by listening to us.

Titans FB page has a message that 2015 memberships are coming soon.

Well.. I know you can't be referring to me, Whiz. As I've already stated I will renew in 2015, though in a limited capacity until Searle is no longer majority shareholder and has no influence in daily operations of the Titans. Once his gone completely, I'll be onboard completely.

Quote Originally Posted by Toads View Post
    Well.. I know you can't be referring to me, Whiz. As I've already stated I will renew in 2015, though in a limited capacity until Searle is no longer majority shareholder and has no influence in daily operations of the Titans. Once his gone completely, I'll be onboard completely.
    I'm exactly the same ... I toyed with the idea of signing up as full members and then giving the seats away because I won't be home for another year or so but I want to see some real action from the club next season. I will certainly join the family up from afar though.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Well said C-Whiz.

This is a no-brainer for me. I'd be a hypocrite of the highest order if I didn't renew in full.

Quote Originally Posted by C-Whiz View Post
    Obviously everyone has there right to be a member in 2015 or decide not to for any reason they choose, but as far as I am concerned I wanted change and change has come and it came much quicker and larger than I was ever expecting.

Now it is up to me to keep my word and show my faith.

I think some people are still using the club as an excuse for not renewing, but I don't think the club could do much more to prove to the fans that they are listening and have taken immediate action.

- - - Updated - - -

Ps, I am not referring to anyone in particular or any particular post, it's how I have felt since before Searle and Cartwright resigned, and since then I felt the club had upheld its end of the "deal", and now I feel members should let that chapter be put behind us and consider this a new chapter in the Titans history.
    I feel the club really needs us now and we have to repay the faith they showed in the fans by listening to us.
    I am renewing for sure Chris as I love the Titans and I don't want NRL footy to disappear from the GC but I am not entirely happy. Anyone feel free to let me know if it is me or if this situation is wrong.

I have been a Gold member since 2007 and a forum member since 2005 so I have not come along just recently.

Now for my gripe....

The Titans board has said they have listened to us (and they have I admit that). They also said that long term members would be looked after. That was reiterated by long tall Chris in a recent email (which I have lost).

So, as a Gold member I sit on the 20 metre line in section 20 and pay $399 for a season. Times that by 2 for my wife ($798) but lets work on 1 membership.

Legion sit in section 23 (30 - 40 metre line) and pay $190....So far 2 legion members still come in cheaper than me and have better seats.

Steel have now been offered similar seats to mine (Section 24) at approx $32 dearer ($2.50 pp per game) than what they pay now for Steel so $210 plus $32 = $242. Still $157 cheaper than me.

How am I being looked after?? It feels like a massive kick in the guts to be honest. I am aware it is all for how the crowd is perceived on the TV but that doesn't make me feel any better.

I do not want to move as I have good seats (except for sunny days) so nobody come back at me about moving to section 24. I should not have to.

If anyone has a reasonable explanation that puts me back in my place then please feel free to express it. If your comments are valid then I will eat humble pie and shut up. (Does humble pie have meat in it....I don't like vegies)

P.S. I will get over it eventually, I just needed to vent. Thanks for listening.

Fair criticism and I bet a lot of people feel that same way Shamus.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Rep Player

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    I'm exactly the same ... I toyed with the idea of signing up as full members and then giving the seats away because I won't be home for another year or so but I want to see some real action from the club next season. I will certainly join the family up from afar though.
    My position exactly by not sure if I am renewing I meant full membership. Being located in Central Queensland I cant make it to all games and recently the ones I have been able to make it to havent been of the "highest" quality so it's getting harder and harder to renew in full

Yes 5YC that's me too and I totally get Whiz's position but if you don't live on the Coast then just donating to the club for the club's sake without any real return in its current state is just over the top. I did it for years and they haven't gone anywhere near repaying me with their eclectic antics.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by karnage View Post
    Well said C-Whiz.

This is a no-brainer for me. I'd be a hypocrite of the highest order if I didn't renew in full.
    It would also be hypocritical of me not to renew. As C-Whiz said, we wanted (demanded) change and the club listened. I think it's time everyone gave the new board and coach their full support.

Quote Originally Posted by Mexican titan View Post
    It would also be hypocritical of me not to renew. As C-Whiz said, we wanted (demanded) change and the club listened. I think it's time everyone gave the new board and coach their full support.
    Well said , we wanted change and got it so we should be getting out there and supporting the new regime

Shamus, I agree 100%, but I don't have an answer. I was originally in Sand section, which became steel (increase cost, same seats), and now have the chance to "upgrade" at a minimum cost. I choose to remain in my seats as that is where we like to sit.
    The Legion were being overcharged/ripped off when they were at their old position, and originally they were being over-charged due to their commitment to the cause. I always felt it was unfair for what they got in return.

So, to answer your complaint, I think old school members like yourself are being denied extra value due to your loyalty and commitment. I would gladly support you if you wanted to take this up with the club.

Quote Originally Posted by 5 Year Contract View Post
    My position exactly by not sure if I am renewing I meant full membership. Being located in Central Queensland I cant make it to all games and recently the ones I have been able to make it to havent been of the "highest" quality so it's getting harder and harder to renew in full
    I am in the same situation as you. Living in CQ I rarely make it to games so it doesn't make a lot of sense to renew. That being said, if the club starts improving on and off the field I may reconsider.

I'm renewing it's cheaper than Tattoo Removal
    #itaintweaktospeak

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN PETE View Post
    I'm renewing it's cheaper than Tattoo Removal
    A bloody big Sea Eagle should cover it...