Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Zillman's good plays today was the field goal, the magical pick up on our line and the inside lines he ran at times.

It was such a horrible game with an exciting end.

Zillman has made over 100 linebreaks this yr and only once has he had control of the ball.

Next yr is full of hope, bring it on
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

HUMBLE HASLER APOLOGISES TO DOGS FANS
    Bulldogs
    September 7, 2014 27512
    BULLDOGS coach Des Hasler insists there are no excuses for his side’s capitulation to the Titans at CBUS Super Stadium after leading 18-nil at half-time.

The Titans won 19-18 in golden point extra time after Canterbury turned in one of their worst halves of football in recent memory.

Asked about his side’s second half performance Hasler concedes it was “very poor”.

“We had no ball, but that was our own fault,” he says.

“I feel a bit sorry for our fans today to tell you the truth.

“We had the game within our grasp.

“But here are no excuses.”

“It was certainly nothing like the footy we played last week against Souths.

“But it’s something that we are going to have to let go and move on from.”

Hasler was not concerned about star back-rower Tony Williams being placed on report for a late and high shot on Aidan Sezer.

“I think he should be OK,” Hasler says.

“A penalty should be sufficient.”

- JOEL GOULD

- - - Updated - - -

I think Hasler is kidding himself about T-Rex ​he won't be playing semi finals...
    #itaintweaktospeak

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN PETE View Post
    Can't remember being so excited at that Stadium since our 1st year there , great comeback & it all came on the back of Mortimer going to dummy half , fantastic 2nd half from Taka but I thought it was Binge,Ioane & Kingston that made a great impact in the match & it was a fitting & deserved Man of the Match performance from Mini, he was excellent.....was it just me that thought Sezar was Bulldogs best for the game...

Great way to end the season & get that Cartwright taste of Bad Play out of mouths bring on 2015 👍
    Sezer was terrible, he's a big liability in defence and makes the man either side of him uneasy. I think he was the doggies best
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

Anyone else wondering why we have 2 captains and a VC, yet when both captains are out we promote Mini. Sure, last game and all, but it makes me think the coach and the players wouldn't want TP running the show.

Also makes me wonder if either of the regular 2 captains are helping the cause. Just saying the words "2 captains" reminds me how ridiculous the situation is.

Well Mini was captain as an honour for his last game. But agree we need one captain.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Just watching the replay after watching it at the grounds. He was great to watch live but to get a chance to watch him again, when is James Grahams contract up and how much??????? Best prop in the NRL by a mile.

watched the replay and agree with most sentiments - ioane, mini great, mortimer our best handler by a long way, although i REALLY liked Taka sweeping behind the lead runner and then delivering to the short runner or giving it to the second man. He showed some footwork and a set of soft hands, that Sezer, Kelly and Zillman could all learn from. thought he was just behind the ioane and mini as best on field for us.

Don is a starting winger every week, and we showed there is at least something to work with in the squad if the young guys are given chances and the big names earn their place. We definitely didnt miss Myles or Bird today.

Well done to Zillman for kicking the field goal. would have been a great feeling for him. but although he had a decent touch or two besides the FG, he mostly over ran passes and made a few errors. hope he enjoyed the day but we move in another direction next year.

sezers goal kicking was one of his last remaining upsides...

You can't leave Bird n Myles outta the squad.

They do way too much great defensive work that the others can't.
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

Sezer impressing the Australian selectors earning a spot in the train-on squad with Taylor and Bird. Hopefully he gets a lot out of it and he would still be rusty after his extended stay on the sidelines. On the Myles/Bird in the squad thing - they definitely have to be there, it's just a matter of having a coach that can get their involvement at the right level - in other words, not too much of a good thing.

I gotta ask, how does Sezer get in that squad. He's been ordinary
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by teke View Post
    Gotta agree there. I can understand them picking young blokes with potential for the experience but I couldn't even say that Sezer has shown potential this year. Perhaps the Aust selectors and coach think he has been the victim of poor coaching and that they can see something in him. If he doesn't kick on next year he will need to be moved on.
    I am really hoping a full off season with a different coach will improve him a lot. Even his kicking game has gone right off.

Quote Originally Posted by teke View Post
    Edit - Double post

Sezer is a media darling and plays more like a lock than a 6 ... how he makes the train-on side is bemusing to say the least.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

You've got to look at the positives. He will get some quality coaching and get to see the level of professionalism that genuine representative players have. He does not get that from Bird.