Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Default 2015 Titans Line Up

With the announcement of the new coach and whispers of possible player signing, there seems to be a lot of discussion on the line up for next year, so I thought I'd start a thread dedicated to discussion, predictions, personal preferences, etc relating to next years line up.
    Quote Originally Posted by nrl.com
    David Mead wants to play fullback. David Mead plays well at fullback. The Titans actually look more dangerous than the common household doorstop when David Mead plays at fullback.

Interestingly, Jahrome Hughes has been named fullback for Tweed this weekend and Albert Kelly has been named in the centers for Tweed.
    Quote Originally Posted by nrl.com
    David Mead wants to play fullback. David Mead plays well at fullback. The Titans actually look more dangerous than the common household doorstop when David Mead plays at fullback.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamwelg View Post
    Interestingly, Jahrome Hughes has been named fullback for Tweed this weekend and Albert Kelly has been named in the centers for Tweed.
    Jahrome played for Tweed last weekend too, good to see.

Nice thread idea, interested to see the responses

Might be a bit different but maybe:
    1. Mead/Boyd
    2. Don
    3. Roberts
    4. Kelly
    5. KFFL
    6. Sezer
    7. Morts
    8. Douglas
    9. Srama
    10. James
    11. Bird
    12. Taylor
    13. Myles

14. Ioane
    15. Carter
    16. Kingston
    17. Takairangi

There are so many positions that were hard to select. We still don't know if Sezer will even be here next year. There is also the Boyd rumours floating around. I would like to see what Kelly could do in the centres. He could really add something to our back line. Him and Roberts could be our destructive centres with both of them being unpredictable in attack (sometimes good, sometimes bad).
    Last edited by Titan4Life; 20-08-14 at 07:50 PM.

Same as 2014s team.

Too lazy to type it out, soz
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

Junior

Quote Originally Posted by teke View Post
    Same as 2014s team.

So you want Zillman at Fullback

Same as 2014s team.

1. Zillman
    2. Mead
    3. Roberts
    4. Taka
    5. Gordon
    6. Sezer
    7. Mortimer
    8. Douglas
    9. Falloon
    10. Myles
    11. Bird
    12. Taylor
    13. Carter

14. White
    15. Ioane
    16. Ridge/Kingston/?
    17. Srama

Is this the one?
    Last edited by Titan4Life; 20-08-14 at 08:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TitansFan92 View Post
    So you want Zillman at Fullback
    yeah I don't mind, I'm not as vocal against him as others.
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by Tamwelg View Post
    Interestingly... Albert Kelly has been named in the centers [again] for Tweed.
    I wonder if this trend, plus the possible departure of Takairangi, the clear backing of Mortimer to partner Sezer in the halves, and going on record to say he sees DT's future being in the backrow, are signs that Henry legitimately sees Kelly as a viable centre option for 2015. It would certainly give us another weapon out wide in attack. Alby isn't a bad defender - but he will obviously need to work hard on his decision making and positional play to make the transition work. I'm not sure I see it working, but with the rest of this season + a full off-season to study up on the finer points, I guess you never know... He's too good to be out of the 17 imo.

Also - if the fullback spot truly does become 'up for grabs' over the off-season, I wonder if James Roberts will have a crack. I'd love to know what his favoured position is and if he sees himself as a centre going forward. He is still young enough to make any back-line position his, long-term. Regardless of where he plays, we need to design plays around this kid, and get the ball in his hands in different field positions other than just down his edge. I'd love to see him getting a few little inside balls and short passes around the ruck, taking on tired forwards up the middle.

Also, although I've been generally happy with what Mortimer has contributed to the team since he's been here, I'm less confident about Sezer + Mortimer going into 2015, than I was about Sezer + Kelly going into this season. Doesn't bode well that one bloke doesn't want to be here, and the other couldn't make the starting squad of the last two teams he has played at. I hope we get Ben Hunt here, and for this reason - I think we should secure Griffin on the coaching staff asap to increase our chances.
    Last edited by K2G; 20-08-14 at 08:13 PM.

You and everyone else knows that's not true. You're just fishing for thumbs downs Care to comment on your nickname:
    "Zilllolololol 5 mtrs infront of Kelly offload"

I hope no one takes this post seriously

K2G, now that you have brought it up it would be quite handy to get Griffin here as assistant coach. He might bring some of the Broncos players who can't stand him leaving e.g Hunt. Would love to have him here.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    I hope no one takes this post seriously
    Most of teke's posts should not be taken seriously haha

All of a sudden I'm a liar.
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

All of a sudden I'm a liar.
    Not a liar just a.... bender of the truth???
    Last edited by Titan4Life; 20-08-14 at 08:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kickit2gordon View Post
    I wonder if this trend, plus the possible departure of Takairangi, the clear backing of Mortimer to partner Sezer in the halves, and going on record to say he sees DT's future being in the backrow, are signs that Henry legitimately sees Kelly as a viable centre option for 2015. It would certainly give us another weapon out wide in attack. Alby isn't a bad defender - but he will obviously need to work hard on his decision making and positional play to make the transition work. I'm not sure I see it working, but with the rest of this season + a full off-season to study up on the finer points, I guess you never know... He's too good to be out of the 17 imo.

Also - if the fullback spot truly does become 'up for grabs' over the off-season, I wonder if James Roberts will have a crack. I'd love to know what his favoured position is and if he sees himself as a centre going forward. He is still young enough to make any back-line position his, long-term. Regardless of where he plays, we need to design plays around this kid, and get the ball in his hands in different field positions other than just down his edge. I'd love to see him getting a few little inside balls and short passes around the ruck, taking on tired forwards up the middle.

Also, although I've been generally happy with what Mortimer has contributed to the team since he's been here, I'm less confident about Sezer + Mortimer going into 2015, than I was about Sezer + Kelly going into this season. Doesn't bode well that one bloke doesn't want to be here, and the other couldn't make the starting squad of the last two teams he has played at. I hope we get Ben Hunt here, and for this reason - I think we should secure Griffin on the coaching staff asap to increase our chances.
    I was holding off posting this until Roberts had played a few games for us, but I had a bit of a chat to him when he first started training with us and he said I asked him if he was keen to play fullback and he said he was. I like him as a centre as opposed to a winger, but I am also incredibly excited about what he could bring playing in a fullback role. I think he isn't quite there with fitness yet but as he matures as a player and gets more time in the NRL I'm more than confident that he could be a star back there.