Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Whiz, I get it but do you give a drunk $20 for a feed knowing he's going to drink it?

And nimud I totally sympathize. I have outrageously been a member of the Giants, the Seagulls, the Chargers and the Titans ... I drew the line at the Gladiators but who didn't? That shows two things: one is I'm even older than Toads and two is it takes a lot for me to lose interest but the current mob are doing their darndest.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by C-Whiz View Post
    With all due respect to those I am about to offend, and I don't hold anyone to account nir do I blame anyone for whatever position they choose to take, but it's a bit hypocritical to say you won't renew your membership if they don't sack the coach/change the owner/make internal changes/ stop giving out 5 year contracts, but then complain because the club is in financial trouble and could end up folding if we all turn our backs and give up on it.

We are all frustrated and angry, and I don't like what has been happening for the past few years either, but pulling all our financial support from a club that is financially unstable and then complaining because it might go belly up after we all waited so long to get a Gold Coast club does not seem like a good way to go about forcing change.

Admittedly I do not have a better option at this point in time, except continuing to out pressure on the club for internal change view other means. Also, I am still contemplating renewing my membership, but it will be a last resort, not my first reaction.

Again, this is not a personal attack, it is just my opinion and I am just looking for perspective.
    PM

The giants years were ok. We were a new club, and got the dregs of what was left on the players market. The seagulls years, while under Wally Lewis coaching, we're terrible. But I copped it because they were willing to sack him and bring in Harvey + enjoyed Danny peacocks suicidal running style. Also, there were not big crowds once remembered as an indicator of better days. What is **** about the current situation is the obvious. The GC community is turning it's back on titans, and I see no hope in the coach getting the flick, nor the nrl willing to step in and support community engagement.

With all due respect to those I am about to offend, and I don't hold anyone to account nir do I blame anyone for whatever position they choose to take, but it's a bit hypocritical to say you won't renew your membership if they don't sack the coach/change the owner/make internal changes/ stop giving out 5 year contracts, but then complain because the club is in financial trouble and could end up folding if we all turn our backs and give up on it.

We are all frustrated and angry, and I don't like what has been happening for the past few years either, but pulling all our financial support from a club that is financially unstable and then complaining because it might go belly up after we all waited so long to get a Gold Coast club does not seem like a good way to go about forcing change.

Admittedly I do not have a better option at this point in time, except continuing to out pressure on the club for internal change view other means. Also, I am still contemplating renewing my membership, but it will be a last resort, not my first reaction.

Again, this is not a personal attack, it is just my opinion and I am just looking for perspective.
    I accept what you are saying C-Whiz and I have said in the past that not renewing will only make the situation worse. I really love my NRL, desperately want a team on the Coast and want to attend the home (and some away) games. Not renewing is an absolute last resort for me but I just cannot give any more money to Searle if we keep getting same old same old.
    I am just hoping that:
    1) the NRL are really committed to a team here and sooner or later will get involved to fix the mess
    2) the review will be fair dinkum and lead to change.
    If not we are stuffed but I am confident that at least one of the two points above will come off.

Yeah nimud, all of that, in fact I have to some extent hated all the versions because as much as I want to see the team as our own when I look at them and the management, all I can really see is Sydney dregs ... it has always been my hope that we would eventually transcend that but alas we are just a doormat for every tom, dick and hairy-ar$ed money-grabber that wants to wear white shoes.

This may explain to some why I am so cynical ... a lifetime of involvement and support and we are still making the same old bloody mistakes.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

The club has been offering 2 for 1 tickets for a few years and most recently had $10/$5 tickets to the Raiders game and still can't pull a crowd. I think the club has got the message on crowd figures by now. We can only hope change happens. I think it is fair to say we have raised awareness through this forum, Facebook and directly with the board. They responded publicly, now it's just wait and see. I don't know what else we can do and I don't think anything major will happen until we collapse in a heap and go into the off season.
    I guess we just keep venting.

The real question each and every one of us has to ask is, "would you rather have a club led by Searle with Cartwright as the coach or have no club at all?"

- - - Updated - - -

I guess banners at the game is the next best option.

Quote Originally Posted by Mexican titan View Post
    I accept what you are saying C-Whiz and I have said in the past that not renewing will only make the situation worse. I really love my NRL, desperately want a team on the Coast and want to attend the home (and some away) games. Not renewing is an absolute last resort for me but I just cannot give any more money to Searle if we keep getting same old same old.
    I am just hoping that:
    1) the NRL are really committed to a team here and sooner or later will get involved to fix the mess
    2) the review will be fair dinkum and lead to change.
    If not we are stuffed but I am confident that at least one of the two points above will come off.
    These two points are what all Titans fans want. Well, what I want anyway. Our Titans need change and hopefully this review brings that.

The real question each and every one of us has to ask is, "would you rather have a club led by Searle with Cartwright as the coach or have no club at all?"

It's getting harder to answer

Valid questions Whiz. I think the result would be the same either way as if Searle and Cartwright stay, the club will fold anyway.
    My fury at Searle just keeps getting worse every time I type a response and he must be a complete pig head to know what the Coast thinks of him and he will not go. He must be the greatest bastard in denial that there is.

Quote Originally Posted by Mexican titan View Post
    Valid questions Whiz. I think the result would be the same either way as if Searle and Cartwright stay, the club will fold anyway.
    My fury at Searle just keeps getting worse every time I type a response and he must be a complete pig head to know what the Coast thinks of him and he will not go. He must be the greatest bastard in denial that there is.
    There was an article in one of the local papers, probably online and possibly on the forum, with everyone's favorite Titans CHAMPION Paul Broughton making some comments about the club.

He says he will never make public comments about Searle, but the general feeling leans to exactly what you have stated MT.

The one thing that we also lack is a foot print in other states. For example The problem is that our Brand is that tarnished that when there are away games I would bet that there is no more that 150 supporters at the game. When other teams play at Cbus there are at least nearly 1000 and more depending on the club.

To me that the distrust of Searle and the poor Coaching / results actually have wider damaging results than just in our back yard.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/...f61abe2a34f4dd
    I'm on a phone, my laptop died a while ago... Anyway, can someone cut and paste/post this article please, assuming it hasn't been posted elsewhere. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by karnage View Post
    Further to what Titanic just posted, here is a template you can use to lobby the NRL. Just change it where appropriate:

My feedback comes as a result of frustration with the Gold Coast Titans management and recent media speculation the Gold Coast Titans may be relocated.

I am a foundation member who has poured thousands of dollars into the club since 2007 through the purchase of multiple memberships and associated merchandise, and I very much fear for the future of my club.

The fear stems from the amount of animosity the local community feels toward the entrenched management, in particular Mr Michael Searle. There is a large proportion of the Rugby League loving community on the Gold Coast that simply will not support the team financially so long as he is involved. He has lost the trust of the local community.

It is incumbent upon the National Rugby League to make Rugby League the number one sport in this country. This is a goal you will be unable to achieve if you do not ensure that the Gold Coast Titans are a strong and viable organisation that represents the values of its community.

Strong leadership is required in our community to give us the team that we deserve. A team that we can feel confident about supporting financially.

I would welcome any feedback that you feel my submission deserves.

Thank you for taking the time to consider my thoughts.
    Name

I just sent this through this morning.
    I also added the Suns into mine. Asked them if they really wanted the AFL to take over a NRL area.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/...f61abe2a34f4dd
    I'm on a phone, my laptop died a while ago... Anyway, can someone cut and paste/post this article please, assuming it hasn't been posted elsewhere. Thanks.
    Already been posted in another thread

Poll in Courier Mail article:

WILL JOHN CARTWRIGHT BE TITANS HEAD COACH IN 2015?
    Yes, he will survive the review - 15% (17 votes)
    No, he will be sacked - 85% (96 votes)

15 clueless fans/family members took option 1.