Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Bayside Titans View Post
    The guy doing the review is held in high regard all over the world and the best in Australia so I have confidence that the review will be done with true independence.
    I hope you are right. He didn't come across to me as very professional when on the news...Walking 2 metres behind Annesley with hands in jeans pockets. No dress code shown and body language looked like he didn't give a f%$k.

I hope I was judging the cover...
    Last edited by shamus; 30-07-14 at 09:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by shamus View Post
    I hope you are right. He didn't come across to me as very professional when on the news...Walking 2 metres behind Annesley with hands in jeans pockets. No dress code shown and body language looked like he didn't give a f%$k.

Yeah I noticed that too. But I am trusting what BT said. Let's just hope he has the guts and brains to fix this club up.
    Last edited by Titan4Life; 30-07-14 at 09:29 AM.

Well, that's a great attitude.
    I don't know how many of you guys who comment on here followed the previous GC teams, but for me, when the chargers got shafted in 1998, that was it. I gave rl at national level away.
    The day I read a new team was coming into the comp, I was very excited that the teams I followed as a kid will be given another go. I flew up to the GC just to get my hand on the first titans jersey at pacific fair and was there at the preliminary final loss to the roosters excited about the seasons ahead.
    The titans club is in a world of **** at the moment, largely thanks to the chronic mismanagement of the club and the outdated way the nrl supports clubs. There is no way I want the titans to fold or be relocated. Rename or rebadge - don't care. Just no losing the club.

Quote Originally Posted by nimud View Post
    I don't know how many of you guys who comment on here followed the previous GC teams, but for me, when the chargers got shafted in 1998, that was it. I gave rl at national level away.
    The day I read a new team was coming into the comp, I was very excited that the teams I followed as a kid will be given another go. I flew up to the GC just to get my hand on the first titans jersey at pacific fair and was there at the preliminary final loss to the roosters excited about the seasons ahead.
    The titans club is in a world of **** at the moment, largely thanks to the chronic mismanagement of the club and the outdated way the nrl supports clubs. There is no way I want the titans to fold or be relocated. Rename or rebadge - don't care. Just no losing the club.
    I agree with you totally. NOTE TO EVERYONE THAT I DO NOT WANT THE TITANS TO FOLD/RELOCATE OR ANY BLOODY THING ELSE. I WAS JUST SAYING THAT IF THEY DO FOLD THEN I WANT CQ OR WA TO BE IN THE COMP. I STILL WANT THE TITANS TO SUCCEED AND STAY IN THE COMP!!!!!
    Last edited by Titan4Life; 30-07-14 at 09:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by shamus View Post

Sorry didn't see the news cover to his announcement but I looked into him and liked what I saw.

Here is a link to more about him.
    http://www.google.com.au/url?sa=t&so...MJRW35Bp2-ohtg
    Last edited by Bayside Titan; 30-07-14 at 09:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by nimud View Post
    THIS!!

I was a Chargers season ticket holder and let me tell you there were some dark and dreary nights out there at Carrara, BUT... we had a genuinely good coach who got the team to play fast running footy. We lost a lot of games but we were fun to be a part of. The Titans need to become fun to watch again.

I have been invited to a members meeting on Monday night to meet the "Guru" & will be asked to voice my opinion, there is only 20 members invited & there will be zero Titans staff there so there should be no holding back if some fear hurting peoples feelings, i am not one of those anyway
    #itaintweaktospeak

The NRL are not that stupid ... they just don't want Searle running the show ... Cartwright wouldn't figure in their thinking at all as he's just the coach, something he should recognise himself. I suggest we should not be diverted from our main thrust but an email to Dave Smith would not hurt either. NRL contact form here:

http://www.nrl.com/NRLHome/Contactth...5/Default.aspx
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    The NRL are not that stupid ... they just don't want Searle running the show ... Cartwright wouldn't figure in their thinking at all as he's just the coach, something he should recognise himself. I suggest we should not be diverted from our main thrust but an email to Dave Smith would not hurt either. NRL contact form here:

http://www.nrl.com/NRLHome/Contactth...5/Default.aspx
    Further to what Titanic just posted, here is a template you can use to lobby the NRL. Just change it where appropriate:

My feedback comes as a result of frustration with the Gold Coast Titans management and recent media speculation the Gold Coast Titans may be relocated.

I am a foundation member who has poured thousands of dollars into the club since 2007 through the purchase of multiple memberships and associated merchandise, and I very much fear for the future of my club.

The fear stems from the amount of animosity the local community feels toward the entrenched management, in particular Mr Michael Searle. There is a large proportion of the Rugby League loving community on the Gold Coast that simply will not support the team financially so long as he is involved. He has lost the trust of the local community.

It is incumbent upon the National Rugby League to make Rugby League the number one sport in this country. This is a goal you will be unable to achieve if you do not ensure that the Gold Coast Titans are a strong and viable organisation that represents the values of its community.

Strong leadership is required in our community to give us the team that we deserve. A team that we can feel confident about supporting financially.

I would welcome any feedback that you feel my submission deserves.

Thank you for taking the time to consider my thoughts.
    Name

I just sent this through this morning.

Just sent mine....Thanks for the template karnage....edited slightly with a few of my thoughts.

Well done Karnage.

Great stuff Karnage. Just sent mine then. Used your template but changed some of it and added some of my thoughts.

Just did mine .

Rep Player

Our clubs survival simply comes down to whether or not we will make the crucial decisions. This entire organization is in need of a clean-out and re-structure. Alas with Searle still being the majority owner I cant see it happening. We either draw a line in the sand and bring in some real changes. Or we continue on as we are making excuses until our inevitable collapse. I mirror the other comments though if we lose the titans from the Gold Coast then that will be it for me and the NRL.

With all due respect to those I am about to offend, and I don't hold anyone to account nir do I blame anyone for whatever position they choose to take, but it's a bit hypocritical to say you won't renew your membership if they don't sack the coach/change the owner/make internal changes/ stop giving out 5 year contracts, but then complain because the club is in financial trouble and could end up folding if we all turn our backs and give up on it.

We are all frustrated and angry, and I don't like what has been happening for the past few years either, but pulling all our financial support from a club that is financially unstable and then complaining because it might go belly up after we all waited so long to get a Gold Coast club does not seem like a good way to go about forcing change.

Admittedly I do not have a better option at this point in time, except continuing to out pressure on the club for internal change view other means. Also, I am still contemplating renewing my membership, but it will be a last resort, not my first reaction.

Again, this is not a personal attack, it is just my opinion and I am just looking for perspective.