Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Toads View Post
    Somehow I don't think it's much good for the squad (or management) to take on the "us versus the world" approach. That's basically shutting themselves off to the remaining fans, let alone how that may be seen by sponsors etc..
    Such a tactic has a very limited lifespan of usefulness.

So are we the world? Because I don't think we are the US. Not a healthy path for this club to walk down.

This isn't a pub team.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Final kick in the butt - us against the world? Who do these twits think they are? I can tell you … the most over-rated, under-achieving rugby league club ever and the management has fostered this by making them not accountable for not just a few seasons but for years and years … disgraceful … I have no idea how these clowns can look at themselves each morning … oh, I know, the blow is softened when they look at their bank accounts.

Angry doesn't describe it.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by ozynorts View Post
    WTF? The final kick up the butt?? Seriously.... Lost for words

- - - Updated - - -
    As I have said in other threads, some of the quotes coming from the players and coach have been greater value for laughs than the Comedy Channel. Yeah "the final kick up the butt" - like this lousy style of play and results has just happened, and not for the last three years. Mind you I generally will not bag Bailey as he gives his all every week, even though I think he is past it. The quality of coaching and structure is shown by the number of quick taps Bailey takes in positions when it is clear more ground would be made by kicking the ball out.

Quote Originally Posted by Mexican titan View Post
    The quality of coaching and structure is shown by the number of quick taps Bailey takes in positions when it is clear more ground would be made by kicking the ball out.
    haha, I figure he must get some bonus each time he takes a quick tap.

The "us against the world" line reeks of a team that has run out of ideas on how to motivate itself and has lost touch with its fan base.

The quicker this round is over the better IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Mexican titan View Post
    As I have said in other threads, some of the quotes coming from the players and coach have been greater value for laughs than the Comedy Channel. Yeah "the final kick up the butt" - like this lousy style of play and results has just happened, and not for the last three years. Mind you I generally will not bag Bailey as he gives his all every week, even though I think he is past it. The quality of coaching and structure is shown by the number of quick taps Bailey takes in positions when it is clear more ground would be made by kicking the ball out.
    it used to just be the Bailey quick taps, now its most penalties that we have no clue on what we are trying to achieve.

a couple of times this year we have literally grubbered it directly sideways then received the ball back from the ball boy and taken the tap EXACTLY where we were standing initially. Talk about going through the motions. would it kill someone to apply some actual focus and tactic around set plays and stoppage situations. drives me bonkers.

bailey saying the final kick up the butt is an indication of where we are and have been for years. It takes a series of catastrophes and then the realisation that we wont make finals for people to think something might be awry. The top teams could be 10-0 but will still self-analyse and self-manage to be better and seek never ending improvement.

i read a quote somewhere 'good enough is never good enough'...maybe that should be above the door as we walk out, not the bull**** about winning rings. thats just some recycled NFL bullcrap i imagine which is so irrelevant to us right now its not even funny. its just sad.

Roy Masters wrote today that Searle was the very first person to approach Bennett to come to the Titans. Masters is rarely wrong and so where does that play into the club's view of Cartwright/Henry?

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/l...722-zvj2h.html

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    Roy Masters wrote today that Searle was the very first person to approach Bennett to come to the Titans. Masters is rarely wrong and so where does that play into the club's view of Cartwright/Henry?

another assistant coach? ;-)

I wonder if Searle has been told to clean the coaching mess up that he created by not putting in performance goals in the last contract negotiations with Cartwright???

Quote Originally Posted by C-Whiz View Post
    another assistant coach? ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Bayside Titans View Post
    I wonder if Searle has been told to clean the coaching mess up that he created by not putting in performance goals in the last contract negotiations with Cartwright???
    This is what I think too ... if the Board has any guts at all they would be asking the very hard questions such as "what were you thinking?" and "what was your back-up plan?". Then thye should be demanding that he gets on his bike and starts to unravel the chaos.

Mortimer backs embattled coach at Gold Coast

Key Gold Coast signing Daniel Mortimer says coach John Cartwright is the reason he signed with the Titans and wants him to stay at the embattled NRL club.

Cartwright's tenure at the Titans has come under increased scrutiny after the club announced a review of operations last week. The players responded in fine style with a gutsy 22-8 win against Newcastle on Sunday.

Mortimer has steered the Titans to wins over the Knights and South Sydney in his four games with Gold Coast since leaving the Sydney Roosters in mid June to keep the early season premiership frontrunners in the finals hunt.

''I believe the team and the staff have a really good foundation and a good group of guys and we can push for the finals not just this year but a number of years,'' Mortimer said today.

''When something like that happens (the review) the club is a family, I have only been here for a couple of weeks but I can feel that.

''We all have each others' back. I know there is a bit of pressure on some of the staff and some of the players and when that pressure came out we really bonded.

''That is what you do in a big family you back each other and you turn up for each other.

''But we have to take that motivation. It can't go away after one good win, the hardest part will be backing that up the week after and the week after.''

Cartwright still has two years on his contract with the Titans, like Mortimer. The Titans mentor had been in continual discussions with the tricolours premiership winning utility and finally lured him to the glitter strip.

''I really rate Carty as a coach and he is the type of coach you want to win for and you saw that with the players against Newcastle,'' Mortimer said.

''Part of that is the reason why the boys turned up last week, he is a great fella. I have been in contact with John a bit. He tried to get me up here two years ago and obviously I have been in talks about coming up here for the next couple of years and then the injuries happened.

''I came up here to play under him and I'm hoping that's what will keep happening.''

http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/league

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

Cartwright has created an environment where players basically need to curry his favour to get selected. Because we have seen time and time again how far merit gets you at the Titans.

The subject was the internal review the club was about to undertake.

“Coaches, they’re ships in the night – they come and go,” Cartwright said.
    Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/l...#ixzz38H6YuClk

EXACTLY

If that's the reason Mortimer signed he's a goose
    #itaintweaktospeak

I think he expression is "thief in the night"

If that's the case I would love to know why Bennett knocked us back.