Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Titan4Life View Post
    Board meeting today. Hopefully we will see changes be made but I'm not holding my breath.
    If you have not emailed somebody today is your chance. Be actively part of trying to make change.

- - - Updated - - -

Board meeting today. Hopefully we will see changes be made but I'm not holding my breath.
    If you have not emailed somebody today is your chance. Be actively part of trying to make change.

I dont expect anything to change

Same old
    This year will be BLUE Go NSW!

Quote Originally Posted by Toads View Post
    Prince lost of his shine when Matty Rogers retired. Matty used to make him look good (IMO).

As per various tweets......

@brent_read7: Gold Coast Titans to undertake complete review of their operations. Every aspect of operations to be looked at.

As per others which I will source when I re-find...this INCLUDES the coaching department following "unsatisfactory performances despite injury toll"

From NRL.com
    By Titans Media ~ 4:55pm Wed 16th July, 2014

Titans open immediate internal review

The board of the Gold Coast Titans have resolved to immediately commence a complete review of the club’s operations both on and off the field.

The board openly concedes team performance has recently been unsatisfactory despite a tough injury toll in the past three months and this has had an extensive effect on the business as a whole.

It feels a wholesale internal review is necessary so critical decisions can be made on a factual basis rather than implementing a kneejerk short-term response.

The review will start immediately and a report is expected to be presented to the board expediently.

"It is obvious to our members, fans and the board that the situation needs to improve quickly to restore confidence in the future of this club," said Titans chairman Rebecca Frizelle.

"Rarely are problems caused by a single factor, therefore rarely will a single response lead to long term improvement. The board needs to fully understand the reasons for under-performance across the entire business and act accordingly.

"Clearly, crowds and revenue are affected by team performance, so we cannot sit on our hands in the hope things will improve without an appropriate strategy in place.

"I can assure our members, supporters, and partners, the board is entirely focussed on improving the situation and we will not shirk our responsibility when confronted with the tough decisions that will need to be made based on fact."

This is probably the clearest and most visible message yet from the club itself that things need to change at a wholesale level across the business.

I can't imagine sweeping changes, and as the article says, I wouldn't want or expect knee-jerk reaction, but I think it is fair to say that the club, at a board level is publicly acknowledging that the club cannot continue in the same way it has for the past several years.

I still can't see Cartwright being "sacked", but I can see a change of coaching duties. Some will argue that this won;t be the big change the club needs, but it should at least get some of the cronyism out of the top shelf and start to make players accountable again.

That is a good place to start.

Yeah mate … we couldn't have expected anymore than this … the proof will be in the pudding.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

It doesn't instill me with any confidence , the quick response is that Cartwright is sacked followed by Gilly & Lang , I'm sick of people complaining about injuries when players who are playing great footy but the coach doesn't believe so so he makes way for someone who is over paid & over played....

If Cartwright is still the coach at seasons end this club will be able to name all the members off by heart
    #itaintweaktospeak

QLD Cup

Today received another letter from Chris Knell. This in response to my letter in response to his response to my first letter. ( if you know what I mean)
    I appreciate his effort. He seems very sincere and doing a good job.
    I just hope this review is not a smoke screen and no item is off the agenda.

I agree that this is a good place to start and at least on the surface shows that we are being listened to. First question, who is doing the review and then the obvious questions arise about the reviewers independence. I would love to know how Searle is dealing with this considering he is on the Board as a major shareholder and is largely the root cause of many of the problems and made many decisions that have placed the club where it is now.
    The review might decide that the coach should go and Searle (and Annesley for that matter) can hide behind it and not appear to make the hard decision that we all know should be made.
    I like the quotes attributed to Rebecca Frizelle but reviews mean eff all unless action happens as a result. I was just watching a story about this on 9's Gold Coast news and they showed footage of the meeting and the first thing that struck me is the small number of people at the meeting. As I have said before, the NRL is right when they suggest a Board of 7 with 3 independent people and it is good that a significant part of future NRL funding will be tied to such requirements.

Wayne Bennet time I think

Quote Originally Posted by Noddy1979 View Post
    Wayne Bennet time I think
    Only need about $1.2 mill , probably get it in Tickets sales for the Parra game
    #itaintweaktospeak

Find the kneejerk comment funny.

We haven't played finals this DECADE....

Where is the sack the kneejerk board thread....

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN PETE View Post
    Only need about $1.2 mill , probably get it in Tickets sales for the Parra game
    We could also do a few meat tray and chook raffles to raise funds!!!

Quote Originally Posted by john cartwrong View Post
    Find the kneejerk comment funny.

We haven't played finals this DECADE....

Where is the sack the kneejerk board thread....
    I agree, ppl will start turning on this board soon.
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

People may be getting ahead of themselves a bit here.

This is a move in the right direction. The board does not act - they simply set the agenda that key personnel (eg CEO, football manager) need to follow.

This is exactly what I believe all of us want to hear - it is the start of a very long journey.

All I will say is this:
    The only thing worse than INACTION would be inaction on the back of RAISED EXPECTATIONS.

My expectations of this board have raised significantly, anything less than strong, decisive and positive decision making will be a bitter disappointment.

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry, I should add that I agree with the criticism of including injuries in the release. Every team in the comp has injuries and teams like Wests are just as bad off.