Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Here you go guys - the more of this sort of stuff we see the better:

http://www.sportal.com.au/league/nrl...119sc9kf0a0u0r

Even that hilarious sackCarty Twitter account had something to say about it:

Quote Originally Posted by mup23 View Post
    Spot on. And if you wanted to make a couple there could also be 'Save the Titans: Mead is our fullback' etc
    I've already got that covered mate with my "David Mead, Titans #1" banner. Unfortunately Mead wasn't playing yesterday, and we haven't had a home game on FTA TV to fly it to get it some national exposure, but I do take it and fly it so hopefully Gus or someone who is not Ben Ikin will see it and comment on it at some point..

Quote Originally Posted by karnage View Post

Thanks Karnage. I was depressed enough reading about Carty's contract then the next article was about the problems at Manly. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by karnage View Post

Even that hilarious sackCarty Twitter account had something to say about it:

@sackcarty who is you !
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by teke View Post
    @sackcarty who is you !
    I don't know what you're talking about.

But everyone needs to read this now:http://www.sportal.com.au/league/nrl...m10ttz4gl7i6gb

Go to the very bottom and read the bit entitled Keep An Eye Out.

I'm getting excited!

By Adam Lucius Updated 4 hours ago
    The Repeat Set looks at all the big issues in the world of rugby league.
    Is it Cartwright or CartWRONG for the Titans?

Can someone please find the bloke who negotiated John Cartwright's last contract so I can use him at my next salary review. Despite being on track to guide the Titans to a place OUTSIDE the top eight for the fourth year running, Carty still has two years left on his deal beyond this season. For reasons best known to them, Gold Coast management signed Cartwright to a five-year extension in 2010 - and painted themselves into a tight, tight corner. Since then Cartwright, who is the club's foundation coach, has won just 34 of 88 games. The Titans have lost six of their last seven and six straight at home. Wayne Bennett's name has been thrown up as a potential replacement but can the cash-strapped Titans afford the master coach while paying out Cartwright? Highly doubtful.
    #itaintweaktospeak

I saw this also. Seems like things may be turning, but due to finances, I fear it will be the reshuffle titanic proposed.

And this today in Steve Mascord's article in the Sydney Morning Herald:

"Gold Coast coach John Cartwright still has two years left on his contract and beat South Sydney away just a week ago - but he knows that won't stop people calling for his head. "No doubt they'll be out there in force," he said after the 36-20 defeat to Canberra. "You've got to be numb, though. You can't listen to it. You can't let it affect the way your team sees you or let it affect your approach through the week." Cartwright stopped just short of conceding the finals are out of reach, with the Titans needing to win six from eight. "It's very tough, especially when you look at the draw," he said. "That was a winnable game. You look down with 10 games to go and you put a tick against that one. We wasted a high opportunity.''

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/l...#ixzz37QOIKEiS

At least people in the wider League community are starting to notice that things are on the nose here. Of course I want the team to do well but those early wins this year, mainly against weak sides, just delayed the inevitable. This issue should have been heating up after about 8 rounds and would have been if we had a tougher draw.
    Last edited by Mexican titan; 14-07-14 at 05:20 PM.

This was published on the Roar website.

It is time to rebuild the Gold Coast Titans
    Callum Murphy Roar Rookie

Before I start I want to let you know that I am a diehard Gold Coast fan, and have been for majority of my life. I was nine when they first entered the competition and they single-handedly are the reason I took an interest in the NRL.

To this day it pains me to see my team losing games they should be winning with a roster that should be pushing for top four every season.

The Titans are no doubt one of the biggest under-achieving teams in the NRL. After a strong start to the season, which saw them win six of their first seven games, expectations were high for the Titans.

Diehard fans wondered if this could be the year.

However, here we are now with injuries to key players and the Titans are sitting in 13th place with only Canberra, Newcastle and Cronulla beneath them.

With eight rounds to go they could consider their season done unless by some miracle they can win all their remaining games and sneak into the top eight.

Yet I’m already preparing for next season, and his is what I think the team needs in order to compete on a weekly basis.

I am aware that when a team is performing badly the natural this to do is blame the coach, and that is not always the correct thing to do. But in this case the only thing I feel keeping the Titans from reaching their full potential is John Cartwright.

Cartwright continues to select players out of position week-in week-out, and on-field performances mean nothing to him. Take William ‘Total Package’ Zillman for instance. He is selected every week after poor performances on the field.

It angers me to see one of my favourite players David Mead, the best fullback at the club, constantly get told that he won’t play fullback until Zillman is unavailable. Mead is the future of this club and if the Titans don’t give him the role he deserves, especially after his Country Origin performance, then he will walk and we’ll watch him succeed at another club.

This is why Zillman needs to go. The Raiders are looking for a fullback aren’t they?
    This leaves me with John Cartwright. Every decision is just wrong. It infuriates me when he doesn’t take responsibility for his team’s performance on the field.

For starters, the teams’ attack is deadest dreadful. Watching them in opposition’s 20 is frustrating to say the least. The only way the team can cross the line is by either a kick or an intercept.

Watching their attack on Sunday against a Raiders side even the Sharks would smash was just down right embarrassing. It is time for the Titan’s bosses to send the axe swinging. But with Michael Searle at the helm I am afraid that day will never come.

If the Titans are wanting to win football games than these are changes that need to be made. First Cartwright needs to go and I don’t care who replaces him. Neil Henry, Wayne Bennett, anyone would suffice, they just need a coach that will help the team fulfil their potential.

Roster cuts also need to happen, there are players that need to go.

Kevin Gordon, Mark Minichiello, Luke Bailey, Matt White, Steve Michaels and William Zillman just aren’t at the level required.

This leaves us with a team which I think will go places in 2015, with a good coach.
    Fullback – David Mead

David Mead is the Titan’s number one fullback and a future great of the NRL. His performances at the back this year have been second to none and Cartwright is out of his mind not to be playing him there. Hopefully he is here next year and gets the opportunity he deserves.
    Wingers – Kalifa Fai-Fai Loa and Anthony Don

These two are both great wingers in their own rights and have not received enough game time for the Coast this season. Both are great finishers and reliable under the high ball. Both make great runs from their own end of the field, reliving the forwards while doing so.
    Centres – James Roberts and Maurice Blair

Big and skilful, both players pose the threat that the Titans desperately need out wide. The speed and strength of Roberts and the skills of Blair can create tries for their outside men. They are both reliable and strong in defence, although Roberts can be short on discipline at times.

Both would be my first picks as coach. I would like to mention Brad Tighe as I love him as a footballer but sadly he misses out in this one.
    Halves – Aiden Sezer and Albert Kelly

Two great young football players who complement each other on the field. The composure of Sezer and the attacking flare of Albert Kelly are capable of leading this team well beyond September and to the big one.

Aiden Sezers’ kicking game is great and his ability to see an opportunity is good as well. Albert Kelly is a real x-factor player and can take the occasional intercept, as we have seen this year. These two in the halves are the best option going forward for the Titans.
    Hooker – Daniel Mortimer or Matt Srama

I think to be a successful team the Titans need both of these players in their weekly side. But there can only be one in the starting side. The reason I have left Beau Falloon out is because I think Srama has more ability in attack and is defensively stronger. In saying this no matter which one gets the hooking gig I’d have the other on the bench.
    Prop Forwards – Luke Doulas and Nate Myles

Big, mobile forwards who can get the job done. While Nate Myles is captain I feel as though his position in the starting side is in serious danger, especially after some soft performances this year.

I think that Luke Douglas is a quiet achiever and he gets through a mountain of work for the Titans and is rarely recognised for this. In my mind he is among some of the best props in the game at the moment.
    Second Row Forwards – Greg Bird and David Taylor

Origin representatives and overall dangerous players when they are on their game, these two are no doubt the best second rowers at the club. Both have had their ups and downs this year but their spots should be safe.
    Lock Forward – Paul Carter

Losing competitive workhorse Ashley Harrison is a big blow for 2015 but with Paul Carter I think they also gain a bit. Strong defender and ferocious in attack, Paul Carter poses the qualities of a future superstar and I am excited to see him in action next year with more game time.

Interchange – Brad Takairangi, Mark Ioane, Cody Nelson, Daniel Mortimer/Matt Srama

Every one of these players deserves their place in this team. Takairangi is a great centre but an even better second rower. I believe that he can bring that influence off of the bench that the Titans desperately need.

Mark Ioane is one of my favourite players and when given the opportunity he has not failed the team once. Ioane is a strong ball runner and is very talented for a front rower. We need him in this side.

Cody Nelson has impressed since making his debut this season and without being involved in the betting scandal would have been a regular in the side for the rest of this season. If the rumours he is off to the Storm are false then he will be an asset to the team in 2015.
    The last spot goes to either Mortimer or Srama, like previously stated in the hooker discussion.

This is the side that under a good coach can really turn the Titans into a premiership force. I would also like to see John Cartwright blood some players like Matt Beddow, Christian Hazard and Khan Ahwang into the NRL, as well as giving Jahrome Hughes another shot at first grade.

http://www.theroar.com.au/2014/07/15...ugby+League%29
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
    This was published on the Roar website.

It is time to rebuild the Gold Coast Titans
    Callum Murphy Roar Rookie

Before I start I want to let you know that I am a diehard Gold Coast fan, and have been for majority of my life. I was nine when they first entered the competition and they single-handedly are the reason I took an interest in the NRL.

To this day it pains me to see my team losing games they should be winning with a roster that should be pushing for top four every season.

The Titans are no doubt one of the biggest under-achieving teams in the NRL. After a strong start to the season, which saw them win six of their first seven games, expectations were high for the Titans.

Diehard fans wondered if this could be the year.

However, here we are now with injuries to key players and the Titans are sitting in 13th place with only Canberra, Newcastle and Cronulla beneath them.

With eight rounds to go they could consider their season done unless by some miracle they can win all their remaining games and sneak into the top eight.

Yet I’m already preparing for next season, and his is what I think the team needs in order to compete on a weekly basis.

I am aware that when a team is performing badly the natural this to do is blame the coach, and that is not always the correct thing to do. But in this case the only thing I feel keeping the Titans from reaching their full potential is John Cartwright.

Cartwright continues to select players out of position week-in week-out, and on-field performances mean nothing to him. Take William ‘Total Package’ Zillman for instance. He is selected every week after poor performances on the field.

It angers me to see one of my favourite players David Mead, the best fullback at the club, constantly get told that he won’t play fullback until Zillman is unavailable. Mead is the future of this club and if the Titans don’t give him the role he deserves, especially after his Country Origin performance, then he will walk and we’ll watch him succeed at another club.

This is why Zillman needs to go. The Raiders are looking for a fullback aren’t they?
    This leaves me with John Cartwright. Every decision is just wrong. It infuriates me when he doesn’t take responsibility for his team’s performance on the field.

For starters, the teams’ attack is deadest dreadful. Watching them in opposition’s 20 is frustrating to say the least. The only way the team can cross the line is by either a kick or an intercept.

Watching their attack on Sunday against a Raiders side even the Sharks would smash was just down right embarrassing. It is time for the Titan’s bosses to send the axe swinging. But with Michael Searle at the helm I am afraid that day will never come.

If the Titans are wanting to win football games than these are changes that need to be made. First Cartwright needs to go and I don’t care who replaces him. Neil Henry, Wayne Bennett, anyone would suffice, they just need a coach that will help the team fulfil their potential.

Roster cuts also need to happen, there are players that need to go.

Kevin Gordon, Mark Minichiello, Luke Bailey, Matt White, Steve Michaels and William Zillman just aren’t at the level required.

This leaves us with a team which I think will go places in 2015, with a good coach.
    Fullback – David Mead

David Mead is the Titan’s number one fullback and a future great of the NRL. His performances at the back this year have been second to none and Cartwright is out of his mind not to be playing him there. Hopefully he is here next year and gets the opportunity he deserves.
    Wingers – Kalifa Fai-Fai Loa and Anthony Don

These two are both great wingers in their own rights and have not received enough game time for the Coast this season. Both are great finishers and reliable under the high ball. Both make great runs from their own end of the field, reliving the forwards while doing so.
    Centres – James Roberts and Maurice Blair

Big and skilful, both players pose the threat that the Titans desperately need out wide. The speed and strength of Roberts and the skills of Blair can create tries for their outside men. They are both reliable and strong in defence, although Roberts can be short on discipline at times.

Both would be my first picks as coach. I would like to mention Brad Tighe as I love him as a footballer but sadly he misses out in this one.
    Halves – Aiden Sezer and Albert Kelly

Two great young football players who complement each other on the field. The composure of Sezer and the attacking flare of Albert Kelly are capable of leading this team well beyond September and to the big one.

Aiden Sezers’ kicking game is great and his ability to see an opportunity is good as well. Albert Kelly is a real x-factor player and can take the occasional intercept, as we have seen this year. These two in the halves are the best option going forward for the Titans.
    Hooker – Daniel Mortimer or Matt Srama

I think to be a successful team the Titans need both of these players in their weekly side. But there can only be one in the starting side. The reason I have left Beau Falloon out is because I think Srama has more ability in attack and is defensively stronger. In saying this no matter which one gets the hooking gig I’d have the other on the bench.
    Prop Forwards – Luke Doulas and Nate Myles

Big, mobile forwards who can get the job done. While Nate Myles is captain I feel as though his position in the starting side is in serious danger, especially after some soft performances this year.

I think that Luke Douglas is a quiet achiever and he gets through a mountain of work for the Titans and is rarely recognised for this. In my mind he is among some of the best props in the game at the moment.
    Second Row Forwards – Greg Bird and David Taylor

Origin representatives and overall dangerous players when they are on their game, these two are no doubt the best second rowers at the club. Both have had their ups and downs this year but their spots should be safe.
    Lock Forward – Paul Carter

Losing competitive workhorse Ashley Harrison is a big blow for 2015 but with Paul Carter I think they also gain a bit. Strong defender and ferocious in attack, Paul Carter poses the qualities of a future superstar and I am excited to see him in action next year with more game time.

Interchange – Brad Takairangi, Mark Ioane, Cody Nelson, Daniel Mortimer/Matt Srama

Every one of these players deserves their place in this team. Takairangi is a great centre but an even better second rower. I believe that he can bring that influence off of the bench that the Titans desperately need.

Mark Ioane is one of my favourite players and when given the opportunity he has not failed the team once. Ioane is a strong ball runner and is very talented for a front rower. We need him in this side.

Cody Nelson has impressed since making his debut this season and without being involved in the betting scandal would have been a regular in the side for the rest of this season. If the rumours he is off to the Storm are false then he will be an asset to the team in 2015.
    The last spot goes to either Mortimer or Srama, like previously stated in the hooker discussion.

This is the side that under a good coach can really turn the Titans into a premiership force. I would also like to see John Cartwright blood some players like Matt Beddow, Christian Hazard and Khan Ahwang into the NRL, as well as giving Jahrome Hughes another shot at first grade.

http://www.theroar.com.au/2014/07/15...ugby+League%29
    This article is almost perfect. The team he selected could be great with a new coach who teaches them new skills to develop their games. The starting side is dangerous and bench will add impact when they come on. I also agree that I would like to see the new coach use players that haven't played first grade but have the ability such as Hughes, Nelson, Kingston etc
    Last edited by Titan4Life; 15-07-14 at 02:17 PM.

QLD Cup

Yea, we are getting desperate when we are already naming next years team.

There are many faults with his team but his club logic is fair enough.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

To be honest, I'd rather not have this thread turn into a "best team" discussion thread, plenty of them already.

I will say it is good to see other forums expressing a desire for change. The constant that appears to finally be getting into even the staunchest of Zillman fans is the simple, obvious and honest fact he is not the best FB option we currently have. The second noticeable thing (especially on FB) is the lack of "true fans" still sticking up for Cartwright, and the old mantra of him doing the best job he can, poor Carty with all the injuries, no one else could do a better job, etc. It seems there is almost no voice being heard calling for us all to "give him a chance" anymore.

The tide is well and truly turning.

It's a war of attrition and it must be draining playing the regime apologist on a weekly basis.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Board meeting today. Hopefully we will see changes be made but I'm not holding my breath.