Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Graham Annersley - The Man To Save Rugby League.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/spo...-1226892608279

So the Article is written by Rothchild. To me it sounded like a wish from Rothchild.

Sometimes articles like this pop up and then in a month or two time it becomes a reality. Do we as a club need to be worried at all? I hope not or if indeed true that the club has a somebody in line or in mind.

I tweeted buzz to keep his hands off.

NRL HIGHS, LOWS AND BIG BLOWS: ROUND SEVEN 2:20

Let’s get straight to the point. The game of rugby league is in turmoil and only one man can fix it.

Former NSW minister for sport Graham Annesley should be appointed Dave Smith’s right-hand man as part of management shake-up at the NRL.

Annesley is the former referee who knows the business back to front from his days as a deputy to David Gallop.

Graham Annesley, the chief executive of the Titans. Source: News Limited
    AXE LOOMS OVER VIDEO REF BLOOPER

COWBOYS DEMAND APOLOGY FROM NRL

For almost a decade he was the code’s head of football, in charge of the schedule, referees, rules and the salary cap.

He was an honest, hard-working, grassroots man who would often turn up for work each day at 5am to deal with the day-to-day issues.

Now he has the political connections and experience to do an even better job.

It emerged on Tuesday that even the free football passes for junior participants hadn’t been sent out yet.

That’s right, seven rounds into the competition, and the kids are still waiting.

NORTH QUEENSLAND COWBOYS ROBBED BY REFS AGAIN

NRL TO HOLD CRISIS MEETING WITH COWBOYS

No wonder crowds are down because these youngsters more often than not drag along mum and dad, who in turn pay at the turnstiles.

Attendances are still down by 11 percent, despite the bumper crowds at ANZ Stadium over the Easter weekend.

The standard of refereeing is at an all-time low with terrible blunders effecting the weekly results.

Even the lifting tackle crackdown is a joke. Three players were charged last weekend but will plead guilty and not miss a week.

Who cares that the game now has $49 million in the bank?

So it should after striking a new $1 billion TV deal that came from the fact the pre-commission administration lifted the game to unparalleled heights.

NRL CEO, Dave Smith and Chief Operating Officer, Jim Doyle. Source: News Corp Australia
    Massive increases in State of Origin ticket prices might contribute to the annual profit but also put the showpiece game of the season beyond reach of the average footy fan.

Apart from hiring Annesley, the independent commission needs a revamp too with an injection of footy experience and knowledge.

They don’t understand why people aren’t going to the football because they’ve spent their lives in corporate boxes where there’s no queues for a beer or the bathroom.

They don’t recognise the pain supporters are feeling from the weekly refereeing blunders.

BENNETT WANTS VIDEO REFEREES TO HAVE MORE SAY

They don’t appreciate that 65 percent of Sydney and Brisbane don’t have pay TV and get only one live game on free-to-air.

Had they gone with Lachlan Murdoch’s Channel TEN bid we would be watching five live free to air matches instead of one on Friday night.

They don’t understand that a game should have been played last Thursday evening at the beginning of the Easter holiday.

Instead they signed off on a draw with two out-of-town games competing against each other 24 hours later in Newcastle and Gosford on Friday night.

NRL CEO, Dave Smith at NRL HQ. Source: News Corp Australia
    The whole draw is a sham. As the weekend ANZ Stadium crowds showed, we need two conferences, one with all Sydney teams.

Former NRL chief executive and businessman John Quayle should have been on the commission in the first place.

He would make a great chairman.

Ben Ikin should replace Wayne Pearce. Who cares if he works for Fox Sports?

He can abstain from broadcast deal negotiations.

Fox Sports commentator Ben Ikin. Source: Getty Images
    He is the smartest and most impressive former player in decades.

Harvey Norman boss Katie Page should replace Catherine Harris. A rugby league tragic, she should have been on the commission in the first place.

Katie knows the retail market better than most. She knows how to sell her product, even in the toughest economic climate.

She knows what the punters and fans want.

They are the lifeblood of the game and deserve a better administration that what we have right now.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBouveng View Post
    I tweeted buzz to keep his hands off.
    Hahah. But is Grahame Annersley the man to save the Titans. ??

I agree he should take over , just as long as his 2 assistants go with him , Searle & Cartwright would be fantastic working at RL Headquarters in Sydney
    #itaintweaktospeak

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN PETE View Post
    I agree he should take over , just as long as his 2 assistants go with him , Searle & Cartwright would be fantastic working at RL Headquarters in Sydney
    Agree but I would shudder if Searle was given a position of power within the NRL.

I'd be fine with it. If Searle is going to kill off the Titans, he may as well kill the whole NRL as far as I'm concerned

Someone has to step in, step up, and make the big calls that the game is crying out for. It's not just what is wanted, it's what is desperately needed, it's life saving surgery for the NRL.

Quote Originally Posted by dailytelegraph.com.au
    They are the lifeblood of the game and deserve a better administration that what we have right now.
    The last sentence of that article is something I believe our Club's Management and the Management of the NRL has lost touch with. It's as if the Corporate Dollars are only thing they're interested in these days. They seem of the opinion that the punters will continue to turn up 'n hand over their $$$ regardless of the codes position.

toads i agree to a point, but i think the crowd issues have finally got some people thinking.

there are alot of innovative ticking structures right now based around getting families to enjoy the football, and i think it will continue past crowds and stuff into other areas.

i will be interested to see the price of city coutnry tickets this year, as that was a bit of a high watermark for ineptitude and treating your fans like mugs last year.

Banned

Losing Annersley could be disastrous for the Titans. I'm sure it would only result in Searle getting more power and no one wants to see that happen.

What a joke that Rothfield wrote this. He has been lost ever since his mate Gallop left who used to feed him his news. The new broom doesn't play to his tune so he is a bitter fool. Interesting that the NRL released the story about the new club funding model to Fairfax (the Sydney Morning Herald etc) first.
    Rothfield and Rebecca Wilson deserve each other.

Buzz is so far off being a professional it's embarrassing for the paper. Social media has been such a revelation, showing great sides to journos like Moley, Mascord, and funnily enough, I like Todd balyms insight. There are plenty of others too.

but rothfield comes off as a drunk hack with agendas, favourites and sensationalism.

Wilson is worse. Not even going to bother describing her.
    Last edited by DavidBouveng; 24-04-14 at 08:19 PM.

Buzz is so far off being a professional it's embarrassing for the paper. Social media has been such a revelation, showing great sides to journos like Moley, Mascord, and funnily enough, I like Todd balyms insight. There are plenty of others too.

but rothfield comes off as a drunk hack with agendas, favourites and sensationalism.

Wilson is worse. Not even going to bother describing her.
    Wilson is a convicted drunk driver. There are far worse crimes however every week she takes the moral high ground while bagging someone - hypocritical mole. The people she bags have never killed someone like she could have. Only got a journos job as her father was a senior journo many years ago. Of course a coincidence that her brother also cracked a journos job.
    If you haven't guessed by now, I can't stand her.

mate either can i. i remember one year Mark Phillipousis lost a tennis match, and she carried on about his 'complete and embarrasing capitulation' as if he had let down his forefathers with an act of cowardice at war.... she just set on him as if he was scum of the earth.

I have an opinion and am happy to discuss it and accept others views, but she she thinks her columns are being handed down from on high.

id love to have her sit on couch with a shrink and hear why she such a mess.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mexican titan View Post
    Wilson is a convicted drunk driver. There are far worse crimes however every week she takes the moral high ground while bagging someone - hypocritical mole. The people she bags have never killed someone like she could have. Only got a journos job as her father was a senior journo many years ago. Of course a coincidence that her brother also cracked a journos job.
    If you haven't guessed by now, I can't stand her.
    do i correctly remember her going to town on Brett Stewart and Brookie oval fans after he was charged (forgetting his right to innocence at that point) and played after his 4 week ban?

i dont have alot of time for manly or the Stewarts, but that was terrible, premature, vicious and unfair.

cant stand her, dont want to talk about her anymore, its making me mad.

i dont have alot of time for manly or the Stewarts, but that was terrible, premature, vicious and unfair.
    cant stand her, dont want to talk about her anymore, its making me mad.
    DB, and I thought you were not a bad bloke:boo:

And yes she was the hanging judge in relation to Brett Stewart - but she was peddling her old boss Gallop's line.