Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default 1st Coach to be Sacked

I know early opinions were for Price or Griffith or Carty after round 2 but the honor will going to Matt Elliot
    #itaintweaktospeak

Elliot. Warriors are much better than that. And won't tolerate it much longer.

Cartwright is the Julia Gillard of coaching. Limping along at the grace of the establishment. But that won't last forever.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

The Warriors are set to sack Matthew Elliott as their head coach in the coming days
    CHRIS GARRY THE COURIER-MAIL APRIL 06, 2014 7:21PM

Warriors coach Matthew Elliot is set to be sacked — he has been told the club want to “move in a different direction”. Source: News Corp Australia

It is understood Elliott was told this morning that the Warriors wanted to “move in a different direction”, following the club’s 37-6 loss to Cronulla on Saturday.

A formal decision is expected in coming days.

The Warriors have won two of their five games this season, upsets of the North Queensland Cowboys and Wests Tigers and they performed very well in the NRL Nines.

However, Warriors’ management felt the side’s display against Cronulla was proof Elliott’s coaching style was not worth long-term perseverance.

Warriors’ management are yet to respond to requests for comment.

But Elliot did turn to social media to post a message saying: “Life is not about agreeing with decisions. It’s very rare when everyone does”.

Elliott is goonnnee.
    I had NZ as smokies, depends who gets them I suppose
    Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    When I am unable to respect and accept the decisions that are being made that directly affect my team, then I must take a backwards step.

Hope it's not Henry

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
    Cartwright is the Julia Gillard of coaching. Limping along at the grace of the establishment. But that won't last forever.
    lol
    Some accurate comparisons between our club and the labor party.....jks

NEW! SOUTH! WALES!

Quote Originally Posted by Coaster View Post
    Elliott is goonnnee.
    I had NZ as smokies, depends who gets them I suppose
    Front runner for the rest of the year is Andrew McFadden , players love him & a little mate of mine said he's the best young Coach he's ever had anything to do with
    #itaintweaktospeak

your buddy ioane?

the three coaches under most pressure, griffin, price and carty are smelling like roses....

Oh look at that... a REAL sports club!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBouveng View Post
    your buddy ioane?
    No mate my Friend is a hooker
    #itaintweaktospeak

Elliott resigns as Warriors coach

AAP
    9:00am Mon 07th April, 2014

Matthew Elliott has resigned as Warriors coach, just five games into the new NRL season.

Assistant coach Andrew McFadden has been appointed acting head coach to the end of 2014.

In a short statement, the club said Elliott offered his resignation following their 37-6 loss to Cronulla in Sydney on Sunday.

It was their third loss, continuing a modest start to the campaign which hasn't matched pre-season expectations.

Media speculation had mounted that the club had initiated the move to part ways with Elliott early in his second season.

However, Warriors chairman Bill Wavish says the experienced Elliott had made the decision himself.

"I have learned a lot from Matt and am saddened that he has made this decision," Wavish said.

"It speaks volumes of his character and integrity and I personally wish him well."

Chief executive Wayne Scurrah said promoting McFadden, a recent appointment as assistant coach of the Kiwis, made sense.

"Andrew is widely recognised as a leader of the next generation of coaches in the very competitive NRL competition."

McFadden was also a former assistant under Elliott at the Canberra Raiders.

Elliott posted a message on his Instagram account less than an hour before the club's announcement.

"Supporting a Club is never about individuals, It's about the guys who pull the jersey on & put their bodies on the line," he wrote.

"Real fans show up in droves when times are tough. It not only inspires the players it holds them accountable."

It followed a similarly philosophical message late on Sunday in which he said life is not about agreeing with decisions but dealing with, and making the most of them.

A former coach at English club Bradford and NRL outfits Penrith and Canberra, Elliott joined the Warriors at the start of last year to replace Brian McClennan.

The 49-year-old guided the Warriors to 11th place in 2013, winning 11 of 24 games.

After a bright pre-season campaign, they lost their two opening matches heavily last month - 36-16 to Parramatta and 31-12 to St George Illawarra before bouncing back to beat North Queensland and Wests Tigers.

A press conference has been called for 1pm (NZ time) in Auckland involving McFadden, senior management and some players.
    #itaintweaktospeak

How many coaches do they want to blame before they get it right?

Surely some of the responsibility has to fall on the players here since they're inconsistent under nearly every coach they get.

So the Warriors are saying that Elliot committed Seppuku? I doubt that.

Quote Originally Posted by gotitans101_ View Post
    How many coaches do they want to blame before they get it right?

Surely some of the responsibility has to fall on the players here since they're inconsistent under nearly every coach they get.
    That's true and perhaps they have been missing players like Jones and Wiki with a Leadership aura as well.

But they have had some rubbish coaches. And Cleary got poached from them.