Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

NRL Titans Friendly Pubs/Clubs

Just thought I'd start a thread that Listed all the Gold Coast Titans/NRL friendly pubs/clubs...

Any pubs or clubs across the Gold Coast, South-East Qld, or even ANYWHERE that actively show Titans/NRL games either on a big screen or projector...
    This is for those of us that don't have FOXTEL at home or just love a schooner or two...

Up To Date List
    -Helensvale Tavern
    -Tallai Golf Club
    -Dog n Parrot
    -Suffolk Park Hotel, Clifford St. Byron Bay
    -Byron Bay Golf Club
    -Helm Bar (yet to be confirmed)

Overseas...
    -Lekey's Aussie Bar, Otop markets, Patong, Thailand

So please start listing pubs that you personally know are accommodating for footy viewing...

NOTES:
    Things to look out for.....
    -FOXTEL (obviously! or even Setanta for overseas)
    -Big Screen
    -Projector
    -Sound (not drowned out by gaming machines etc)
    -Position of screen
    -Bar managers passion for sport/beer
    -Quality and affordability of food
    Last edited by GCT_89; 18-03-14 at 07:19 PM. Reason: Update

NEW! SOUTH! WALES!

Banned

Would Helm Bar show Titans games still?

Quote Originally Posted by GCT_89 View Post
    Just thought I'd start a thread that Listed all the Gold Coast Titans/NRL friendly pubs/clubs...

Any pubs or clubs across the Gold Coast, South-East Qld, or even ANYWHERE that actively show Titans/NRL games either on a big screen or projector...
    This is for those of us that don't have FOXTEL at home or just love a schooner or two...

So please start listing pubs that you personally know are accommodating for footy viewing...

NOTES:
    Things to look out for.....
    -FOXTEL (obviously! or even Setanta for overseas)
    -Big Screen
    -Projector
    -Sound (not drowned out by gaming machines etc)
    -Position of screen
    -Bar managers passion for sport/beer
    -
    Wow GCT 89 you got this down to a science.

I'm on the look out for RL friendly pubs in Hong Kong, considering starting a group for Rugby League fans in HK.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Tallai Golf Club
    #itaintweaktospeak

Helensvale Tavern was great tonight....

So far...
    Helensvale Tavern
    Tallai Golf Club
    Helm Bar (yet to be confirmed)

Over Seas...
    Lekey's Aussie Bar, Otop markets, Patong, Thailand (will show nrl games on setanta)

NEW! SOUTH! WALES!

Be great if we could start getting some get togethers if we can agree on a location and a decent amount of peeps.

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

Junior

Suffolk Park Hotel, Clifford St. Byron Bay
    Two bars show the footy, one with good dining area and kids playground within eyesight. The other more 'adult' if you want yell obsenities at the ref. Not too busy on a Sat/Sun arvo or Mon evening. For Friday games...
    Byron Bay Golf Club, Great food and very family friendly. Oversize TV is in a quiet spot away from the hullaballoo.
    The Great Northern and Beach Hotel probably screen it but don't think you'll hear a commentary.
    Call me Mr Stupid but...

Quality of food and affordibility of food is very important too.

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
    Good points also...

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Stupid View Post
    Suffolk Park Hotel, Clifford St. Byron Bay
    Two bars show the footy, one with good dining area and kids playground within eyesight. The other more 'adult' if you want yell obsenities at the ref. Not too busy on a Sat/Sun arvo or Mon evening. For Friday games...
    Byron Bay Golf Club, Great food and very family friendly. Oversize TV is in a quiet spot away from the hullaballoo.
    The Great Northern and Beach Hotel probably screen it but don't think you'll hear a commentary.
    Good to know...Ill add it to the list...

NEW! SOUTH! WALES!

Well at Lekey's bar in Phuket they have free peanuts. I have watched a few games there.
    Just about all those bars in the Otop markets show the NRL as does the Holiday Inn on the large screen which is close by.

Quote Originally Posted by Mexican titan View Post
    Well at Lekey's bar in Phuket they have free peanuts. I have watched a few games there.
    Just about all those bars in the Otop markets show the NRL as does the Holiday Inn on the large screen which is close by.
    I was over in Thailand for the TitansvEels game last year... So good celebrating a win overseas...

NEW! SOUTH! WALES!

Quote Originally Posted by GCT_89 View Post

Good thread GCT.

I can't confirm this, maybe someone else can, but doesn't Dog'n'Parrot still show Titans games on the big screen and have transfers to the ground on game day?

As far as O/S, if in Thailand, in Phuket, the Aussie Bar on Bangla Rd shows NRL games across dozens of screens, and in Chiang Mai, the Downunder bar on Loi Kroh Road shows many sports live including all NRL games (Stu the owner is a top bloke, although a Tigers supporter, and has a great menu of local delights and Aussie Burgers), and if there is a conflicting schedule he has different screens in different parts of the bar showing different games. If in Bangkok, the Downunder bar on soi 7/1 (Sukhumvit) shows NRL games, although I wasn't there during the season so cannot confirm if they are live. Max is the owner, another top bloke and does western style food.

Be great if we could start getting some get togethers if we can agree on a location and a decent amount of peeps.
    I'd be bang-up for this. Tallai has been good, they are Titans fans and don't mind hurling abuse at other supporters! My son was cracking up at the bar ladies abusing patrons who were cheering for the opposition. At one stage she suggested he should choke on his food.

Quote Originally Posted by C-Whiz View Post
    I'd be bang-up for this. Tallai has been good, they are Titans fans and don't mind hurling abuse at other supporters! My son was cracking up at the bar ladies abusing patrons who were cheering for the opposition. At one stage she suggested he should choke on his food.
    We call her Shazza
    #itaintweaktospeak

Junior

Going on a big trip in June/July which is why I'm driving around in a '97 Civic that looks like somebody set fire to it and tried to put it out with a shovel! Any ideas on watching the footy in Liverpool (UK), Istanbul, Gallipoli, Mykonos, Rome, Nice and Paris?
    Call me Mr Stupid but...