Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Toads View Post
    You won't let Myles or us to forget about the incident, will ya..
    Titanic by name, Titanic by nature it reminds me of the old adage ... why is being in the mafia like a 69? one slip of the tongue and your in the sh1t.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by CoastSportsFan View Post
    What the hell? It seems like the only way I won't be accused of being an AFL troll in this thread is if I say the crowds have been good. I'm sorry but I'm not going to lie and say the Titans are going well when they are actually on track for their worst crowd average ever...
    Mate, I am NRL through and through but I like AFL and go to some Suns games. It is my wish that both are playing to large crowds at home every match.
    However, the AFL have thrown millions more at the Suns that the Titans received and the return on investment is poor. Anyone with any sense of business nous would appreciate that. There is no point getting in to a dick measuring contest over crowds. Crowd stats and tv ratings can be twisted to make anything seem believable. For example more people watch the Storm games on Gem in Melbourne than watch the Swans games on 7mate in Sydney despite the Swans being around for 20 more years, but does that prove anything. Unfortunately your great game of AFL has not swept all before it on the east coast just like the NRL has not conquered Melbourne.
    Anyway, I'll let you get back to your camera.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Mexican titan View Post
    Mate, I am NRL through and through but I like AFL and go to some Suns games. It is my wish that both are playing to large crowds at home every match.
    However, the AFL have thrown millions more at the Suns that the Titans received and the return on investment is poor. Anyone with any sense of business nous would appreciate that.
    Shouldn't we be happy that an organisation as large as the AFL is willing to invest so heavily in the Gold Coast and create jobs for the locals that didn't exist previously? Why do you care that the AFL is getting a poor return on their investment?

There is no point getting in to a dick measuring contest over crowds. Crowd stats and tv ratings can be twisted to make anything seem believable.
    No point? Mate, you were the one who did it. This is what you said a week and a half ago:

And the AFL local derby attracted under 16,000 last weekend and about 300,000 less viewers than tonights NRL will have on tv.
    You quoted my post that made no reference to the AFL or the Suns. You were the one that started the "dick measuring contest" that is apparently pointless...

For example more people watch the Storm games on Gem in Melbourne than watch the Swans games on 7mate in Sydney despite the Swans being around for 20 more years, but does that prove anything.
    That actually does prove something that anyone who is aware of the Melbourne culture already knows. Melburnians are sports crazy while people in Sydney aren't so much. Just about every sport we play in Australia is well supported in Melbourne.

Unfortunately your great game of AFL has not swept all before it on the east coast just like the NRL has not conquered Melbourne.
    My great game? I thought you said you liked AFL? I have no more ownership over it than you do.

Err mate, I think you made a comment about the Titans crowd of over 20,000 being down on last year and said make of it what you will. We then went from there.
    I think we have done this to death and I think you should head back to Big Footy forum.

Junior

"Shouldn't we be happy that an organisation as large as the AFL is willing to invest so heavily in the Gold Coast and create jobs for the locals that didn't exist previously? Why do you care that the AFL is getting a poor return on their investment?"

I'm not happy. Of course it's irrational but we humans are funny creatures. I think AFL is a foolish unattractive sport and I do not like watching it. I resent that the AFL juggernaught rolls in with missionary zeal and evangelises to our youngsters in their primary schools.
    I want to see our talented sports people taking up league and playing that far superior spectacle. The insidious manouvering of the corporation that is the AFL is little more than cultural imperialism and Coastsportsfan I see you as part of that move. Oh yes, I am serious.
    Call me Mr Stupid but...

Can we move this thread to Other Sports and start an AFL debate thingo, please? No more of these types of debates where they shouldn't be either ... unless of course I start it, then you all must immediately agree with my opinion.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Banned

Err mate, I think you made a comment about the Titans crowd of over 20,000 being down on last year and said make of it what you will. We then went from there.
    I think we have done this to death and I think you should head back to Big Footy forum.
    Yes, I mentioned the TITANS crowd in the TITANS CROWD THREAD. We didn't take it anywhere, YOU took it to the "dick measuring contest".

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Stupid View Post
    "Shouldn't we be happy that an organisation as large as the AFL is willing to invest so heavily in the Gold Coast and create jobs for the locals that didn't exist previously? Why do you care that the AFL is getting a poor return on their investment?"

I'm not happy. Of course it's irrational but we humans are funny creatures. I think AFL is a foolish unattractive sport and I do not like watching it. I resent that the AFL juggernaught rolls in with missionary zeal and evangelises to our youngsters in their primary schools.
    I want to see our talented sports people taking up league and playing that far superior spectacle. The insidious manouvering of the corporation that is the AFL is little more than cultural imperialism and Coastsportsfan I see you as part of that move. Oh yes, I am serious.
    You've taken what I said and turned it into something completely different. I was talking about job opportunities the creation of the Suns has given the Gold Coast and the millions of dollars their presence injects into the Gold Coast economy every year. Anyone who knows anything about the Gold Coast economy over the last five or so years would understand the significance of their existence. I always said back in 2012 when the Titans were in financial trouble that I would hate to see them go under. Not just because it limits options for professional sport on the GC but it results in locals losing their jobs and that isn't good for anyone. I knew some people involved with the Gold Coast Blaze and I saw firsthand what their collapse did so I will never wish death on any sports team.

Now, can we get back on topic? The Titans host the Rabbitohs in a week and a half. It's a nice time slot (5:30pm on a Saturday) so it should be a good crowd if the weather decides to cooperate.

Quote Originally Posted by CoastSportsFan View Post
    Yes, I mentioned the TITANS crowd in the TITANS CROWD THREAD. We didn't take it anywhere, YOU took it to the "dick measuring contest".

You've taken what I said and turned it into something completely different. I was talking about job opportunities the creation of the Suns has given the Gold Coast and the millions of dollars their presence injects into the Gold Coast economy every year. Anyone who knows anything about the Gold Coast economy over the last five or so years would understand the significance of their existence. I always said back in 2012 when the Titans were in financial trouble that I would hate to see them go under. Not just because it limits options for professional sport on the GC but it results in locals losing their jobs and that isn't good for anyone. I knew some people involved with the Gold Coast Blaze and I saw firsthand what their collapse did so I will never wish death on any sports team.

Now, can we get back on topic? The Titans host the Rabbitohs in a week and a half. It's a nice time slot (5:30pm on a Saturday) so it should be a good crowd if the weather decides to cooperate.
    I think this time slot is classed as the 2nd worst behind Monday night , i would expect 16k would be the max
    #itaintweaktospeak

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN PETE View Post
    I think this time slot is classed as the 2nd worst behind Monday night , i would expect 16k would be the max
    You think so? I always thought a late Saturday afternoon game is one of the best time slots for the Gold Coast because it gives the families a chance to go to the game because they won't get home really late and there is next to no chance of it being really hot. There were a lot of South Sydney fans up for the game last year and they managed to get 20k to the game but obviously things are different this year with the Rabbits sitting 10th compared to the 1st position they held going into the same fixture last year. I reckon your guess of 16k is probably about right.

I think Souths will draw a crowd, and I personally do like the Saturday evening games.

I also like these time slots.
    Souths are sitting 10th but playing like a team running 4th (narrow loss to the Dogs in a high quality game) and we are 4th playing like a team who is 10th. Unless we have a good win against the Tiges about 16k will be right.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBouveng View Post
    I think Souths will draw a crowd, and I personally do like the Saturday evening games.
    I found myself down near "The Burrow" last year at Skilled, 'n I gotta admit they were a pretty good bunch to be near. They behaved themselves 'n had an absolute ball while they watched their Lads give ours a hiding. Surprisingly they're probably the best bunch of Supporters I've come across to date.

But yeah, expect big crowd if it's another Saturday Night clash at home against the Bunnies.

Burrow will be here in force. And it will really add to the event.

I agree, I always liked Saturday afternoon.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

I watched a fair bit of the Suns/GWS game and was staggered to hear a crowd of 11,500 announced. I have been to Metricon quite a few times and if that crowd was over 6,000 I'll be stuffed. That crowd indicates the ground was around half full - no way in the world.
    I assume the Suns must count members plus ticket sales regardless of whether people turn up. I await the photo evidence disproving my crowd figure.

I watched a fair bit of the Suns/GWS game and was staggered to hear a crowd of 11,500 announced. I have been to Metricon quite a few times and if that crowd was over 6,000 I'll be stuffed. That crowd indicates the ground was around half full - no way in the world.
    I assume the Suns must count members plus ticket sales regardless of whether people turn up. I await the photo evidence disproving my crowd figure.
    I had a mate at the game & he said there was between 5 & 6 K but I'm sure our mate will be on soon with Photographic evidence from a fish Eye lense to tell us the "Truth"
    #itaintweaktospeak