Page 51 of 120 FirstFirst ... 41 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 61 101 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by amaline View Post
    I remember reading that. Was that before or after Harrison announced his retirement at the end of the year?
    Yeah. But I would offer the money that Harrison was on to either Teo or Proctor. I think from memory Harrison was on about $350-$400k. Both players would be worth that amount. With both those players it would be kind of like buying back the farm. Maybe it's worth trying to get Alex Glenn. He Looks like he may need a new challange.

Quote Originally Posted by Bayside Titans View Post
    Yeah. But I would offer the money that Harrison was on to either Teo or Proctor. I think from memory Harrison was on about $350-$400k. Both players would be worth that amount. With both those players it would be kind of like buying back the farm. Maybe it's worth trying to get Alex Glenn. He Looks like he may need a new challange.

Apparently Proctor is asking for $600k

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    & probably about to sign with the Roosters
    #itaintweaktospeak

600k for Proctor - a strong edge running forward who doesnt really create anything? they can have him.

and we would be Teo's 4th club by his middish 20's...gee it would be nice to be able to develop a player rather than pay overs to grab them from elsewhere.

Ridge should be our proctor by now, but coaching isnt our strong point

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN PETE View Post
    & probably about to sign with the Roosters
    Oh crap. Starting to **** me to tears that we can't attract quality players. There have been a few out there in the past few years Barba , Smith etc. In the past we have offered fair to slightly under contact prices. But I believe gone are the days that we can sell to a player the Gold Coast Lifestyle and the COE. I believe that paying alittle extra to secure a top player from successful clubs is a must.

Market is looking decent with the likes of Moga, Fergo and Hurell all becoming available for 2015. I'd take any and be satisfied tbh

oh and a new coach too pls

I wouldn't pay overs for Proctor or Te'o, or Ferguson for that matter. Folau is the only bloke mentioned on here that would be worth us throwing the farm at. We're being used as a bargaining chip for the others. I'm glad we pulled our offer to Proctor quickly when it became obvious we were being played off. Let's ensure we're getting the best young players from our region and bringing them through. It's not a great sign that Burleigh and the Tweed are struggling like they are. They should be full of strong Titans U20 players, but they're not. BJ, Taga, Cooper and players of that ilk are ones we shouldn't have let slip but did. Here's hoping we're going to retain some of our youth and bring them through.

Geese are the ultimate team players.
    They honk to encourage one another!

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    That wouldn't be too far off from what he's worth..

I thik we should make mcqueen an offer in my opinion a ready made harrison replacement also I think we are forgetting sramas value to the team also I think we are missing that strike centre I'm takes futures in the 2nd row if he gets his defence right
    Nathan friend my all time favorite titan

Quote Originally Posted by Toads View Post
    That wouldn't be too far off from what he's worth..
    I think so as well. $600k is what $350k was worth on the old salary cap.

$600k for McQueen would not seem unreasonable in my eyes.

Just read on LU Forum that Hurrell has asked for a release and some bloke saying that Proctor has signed with the Titans.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Bayside Titans View Post
    Just read on LU Forum that Hurrell has asked for a release and some bloke saying that Proctor has signed with the Titans.
    Proctor defiantly not signed with the club and won't be unless him price drops. At this point in time the club is looking to secure our younger talent long term. It will most likely be the Ryan James will replace Harrison in the starting side next year.

Banned

I know it's probably a long shot but didn't Benji Marshall grow up on the GC? Maybe he'd be interested in coming 'home'?

Quote Originally Posted by CoastSportsFan View Post
    I know it's probably a long shot but didn't Benji Marshall grow up on the GC? Maybe he'd be interested in coming 'home'?
    Thankfully, I think we're safe from that potential disaster from occurring. Sounds like he is only interested in playing for a Sydney club. A shame, because i think Melbourne would've been one of the few clubs who A) want him b) need him and c) could actually improve his game and make him relevant again.

I suppose he could help our club to engage the Kiwi and Pacific Island demographics in the area which at the moment is grossly untapped, but i think there are better prospects in that regard (Milford, Izzy particularly) that would offer much more to our club.

As for Proctor - I don't think he's worth 600K in the context of what our team needs.

Myles to lock, James to Front Row, Ioane to bench or Bird to lock, Myles to second row, James to Front Row, Ioane to bench looks better than what we have now no matter how you cut it.

Until Mini's tenure as a bench second rower for us comes to an end, signing Teo, Proctor, McQueen or whoever else would be very nice, but not as important as a strike center, fullback, young marquee, or coach would be.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by kickit2gordon View Post
    Thankfully, I think we're safe from that potential disaster from occurring. Sounds like he is only interested in playing for a Sydney club. A shame, because i think Melbourne would've been one of the few clubs who A) want him b) need him and c) could actually improve his game and make him relevant again.

I suppose he could help our club to engage the Kiwi and Pacific Island demographics in the area which at the moment is grossly untapped, but i think there are better prospects in that regard (Milford, Izzy particularly) that would offer much more to our club.

As for Proctor - I don't think he's worth 600K in the context of what our team needs.

Myles to lock, James to Front Row, Ioane to bench or Bird to lock, Myles to second row, James to Front Row, Ioane to bench looks better than what we have now no matter how you cut it.

Until Mini's tenure as a bench second rower for us comes to an end, signing Teo, Proctor, McQueen or whoever else would be very nice, but not as important as a strike center, fullback, young marquee, or coach would be.
    It is kinda strange that the Titans have never had a superstar of Pacific Islander heritage. I'm sure most of the Gold Coast PI community would get behind the team if it ever happened. Correct me if I'm wrong here but Proctor is a local too, right?