Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Round 2: Cronulla Sharks vs St George-Illawarra Dragons

Cronulla Sharks vs St George-Illawarra Dragons

Sharks: 1. Nathan Gardner 2. Matthew Wright 3. Dean Collis 4. Colin Best 5. John Williams 6. Albert Kelly 7. Wade Graham 8. Kade Snowden 9. John Morris 10. Luke Douglas 11. Jeremy Smith 12. Anthony Tupou 13. Paul Gallen
    Interchange: 14. Josh Cordoba 15. Broderick Wright 16. Stuart Flanagan 17. Ben Pomeroy 18. Johnny Mannah 19. Taulima Tautai

Dragons: 1. Darius Boyd 2. Brett Morris 3. Mark Gasnier 4. Matt Cooper 5. Jason Nightingale 6. Jamie Soward 7. Ben Hornby (c) 8. Dan Hunt 9. Nathan Fien 10. Michael Weyman 11. Beau Scott 12. Ben Creagh 13. Matt Prior
    Interchange: 14. Michael Greenfield 15. Mitch Rein 16. Trent Merrin 17. Jon Green

Referees: Jason Robinson and Chris James
    JOIN THE NEW FORUM AT https://www.titansupporters.com/forum/

PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Hoping to put the Sharks to the sword and get to the top of the ladder nice and early in the season

Sharks: 1. Nathan Gardner 2. Matthew Wright 3. Dean Collis 4. Colin Best 5. John Williams 6. Albert Kelly 7. Wade Graham 8. Kade Snowden 9. John Morris 10. Luke Douglas 11. Jeremy Smith 12. Anthony Tupou 13. Paul Gallen
    Interchange: 14. Josh Cordoba 15. Broderick Wright 16. Stuart Flanagan 17. Ben Pomeroy 18. Johnny Mannah 19. Taulima Tautai

Dragons: 1. Darius Boyd 2. Brett Morris 3. Mark Gasnier 4. Matt Cooper 5. Jason Nightingale 6. Jamie Soward 7. Ben Hornby (c) 8. Dan Hunt 9. Nathan Fien 10. Michael Weyman 11. Beau Scott 12. Ben Creagh 13. Matt Prior
    Interchange: 14. Michael Greenfield 15. Mitch Rein 16. Trent Merrin 17. Jon Green

Referees: Jason Robinson and Chris James
    Quote Originally Posted by nrl.com
    David Mead wants to play fullback. David Mead plays well at fullback. The Titans actually look more dangerous than the common household doorstop when David Mead plays at fullback.

Sharks are always a bogey team for the dragons, but i still think they will get over the top of the sharks. Should be a good game
    You make sure they remember, forever, the night they played the Titans!

Gallen calls for Sharks improvement

Ian McCullough AAPSun, Mar 20, 2011 - 1:05 PM

Paul Gallen admits St George Illawarra will make it a long night for Cronulla on Monday if they repeat last week's hapless NRL display against Canberra.

The Sharks were demolished 40-12 by the Raiders in last Sunday's opening round, a performance the Sharks skipper compared to a reserve grade side.

However, the NSW and Test backrower believes his Sharks are a better side than their performance suggested.

"It was a real ordinary game, we probably started okay, but you've got to play for 80 minutes these days and we didn't do that, but it's only round one," Gallen said.

"We've put it behind us and we've got a big challenge this week playing the premiers, and everyone's going to lift to play them. It's a local derby and form goes out the window a little bit and we're keen to play.

"We were absolutely ordinary last week, we would've been lucky to beat a NSW Cup side to be honest, so we've got a lot of improvement in us."

Gallen revealed coach Shane Flanagan, in his first full season at the helm, was furious that the the team went away from his game plan, but denied the players had fallen back into the bad habits that have plagued them for two years.

"The way we trained the past couple of weeks didn't reflect the way we played, and that was the most disappointing thing - we have to put in the game what we're doing in practice," he said.

"We spoke about bad habits, and when you're down by 30 points and you try to play catch-up footy you're going to start throwing balls out the back.

"Everyone does it, but we probably just don't have the cohesion at the moment to be able to do that.

"So we have to get a game plan and stick to it, and that was the most upsetting thing for the coaches, we came up with a good game plan that we thought would work well and we didn't stick to it."

Sharks enforcer Jeremy Smith will face the Dragons for the first time since helping the joint-venture lift their first premiership in October.

The New Zealand star has solidified an already powerful forward pack but Gallen said there has been no need to ask him for a heads-up about his former team.

"I don't think you need any inside tips on the Dragons, you pretty much know what's coming at you, the hard thing is stopping it," Gallen said.

"They haven't changed too much over the past couple of years, just the big boys roll forward, they complete their sets and don't give away penalties.

"It's a very simple game-plan but it works."
    #itaintweaktospeak

Call me crazy, but I reckon the Sharks will win tonight.

1-12 looks juicy odds.

Junior

Quote Originally Posted by Boofhead View Post
    Call me crazy, but I reckon the Sharks will win tonight.

1-12 looks juicy odds.
    I had the same idea, went the Sharks and Gallen for first try.. see how we go

Junior

Looking good so far.. too bad Gallen didnt get that try wouldnt it be nice to have Gallen lined up in our pack.. He has run 110m and its half time :S
    Gallen and Bird back in the same team would be a sight to see.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    I had the same idea, went the Sharks and Gallen for first try.. see how we go
    U may be a Genius but 13+ is looking more likely

Come on Sharkys keep em Scoreless
    #itaintweaktospeak

21 minutes to go and the Sharks are looking red hot. 16 - 0

Great jerseys tonight as well. They bear the name of all the people who signed up as a Sharks member by late January. They will be signed and auctioned off after the game

Up Up the Sharkies! aha anything to see those bloody Dragons lose! I knew it, i said so up there the Sharks were always a bogey team for them, to bad i still tipped the Dragqueens :|
    You make sure they remember, forever, the night they played the Titans!

Drinks are on me boys and girls!

Junior

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN PETE View Post
    U may be a Genius but 13+ is looking more likely

Come on Sharkys keep em Scoreless
    That makes it 2 out of 8 for my tips this week, some genius! haha
    I only got sharks for the win at $5, really wish i went 1-12 now!!

Quote Originally Posted by Steelers View Post
    Hoping to put the Sharks to the sword and get to the top of the ladder nice and early in the season
    Now I am just hoping that we make the 8...

Quote Originally Posted by Blazertaser View Post
    Up Up the Sharkies! aha anything to see those bloody Dragons lose! I knew it, i said so up there the Sharks were always a bogey team for them, to bad i still tipped the Dragqueens :|
    Who on the bottom of the ladder