PDA

View Full Version : Round 3: RAIDERS vs TITANS (2022)

DIEHARD
18-03-22, 11:25 PM
RAIDERS vs TITANS
GIO Stadium Canberra, Bruce, ACT
Saturday 26 Mar 2022 7:35pm

BUY TICKETS (https://premier.ticketek.com.au/shows/Show.aspx?sh=RAI0322&utm_source=NRL&utm_medium=web&utm_campaign=2022Premiership)

DIEHARD
19-03-22, 07:58 PM
Cowboys v Raiders on now if you are keen to see what is ahead of us next week.

GCTTSD
19-03-22, 09:13 PM
We should be able to beat the Raiders but I Know everytime we play them jack wighton is man of the match and scores atleast two tries

coreythompson
19-03-22, 10:02 PM
If the fullback or winger goes to ground
Why don't we wait for them to get up and drag them back instead of making an involunatry tackle
I saw that so many times with Reece Walsh
He just dived on the floor
Why don't we wait for him to get up and then smash him

Titanic
19-03-22, 10:42 PM
Because ref calls “surrender”

gotitans101_
19-03-22, 11:14 PM
it's never easy beating Canberra in Canberra tbh.

DIEHARD
20-03-22, 01:38 AM
it's never easy beating Canberra in Canberra tbh.

Too right. I'd at least prefer to do it outside of winter though.

Cowboys v Raiders highlights for what it's worth.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/V9jMaX6OQME" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Dobes
20-03-22, 05:10 PM
I wouldn't mind seeing Corey Thompson at FB this week tbh. I haven't been too impressed with JC so far this year, and I don't think Sami or Marzhew deserve to be dropped either, both have been good.

In saying that I think you could justify giving JC more time at FB to find his groove, since it's still really early on but unless he improves his form soon, I think he should probably be in QCup a bit longer

Titanic
20-03-22, 06:11 PM
I’m not anti JC I just think he’s not quite NRL ready and we are playing for keeps now not experimenting. Also neither Fogarty nor Sexton have been able to get Fifita moving on the right. Perhaps that’s his problem because he went pretty well on the left in attack until moved, admittedly his defense was poor … stand deeper and run on to it Dave.

coreythompson
20-03-22, 10:36 PM
I reckon Corey Thompson at Fullback much better

Bayside Titan
21-03-22, 03:56 PM
Looks like Josh Hodgson out for the season.

coreythompson
22-03-22, 04:21 AM
Lucky the eels signed mitch rein

shamus
22-03-22, 06:38 AM
Lucky the eels signed mitch rein

Touché

Hail Sezer
22-03-22, 10:48 AM
Anyone watch these guys play vs the Cowboys? Obviously they lost but any comments on how they played and strengths/weaknesses?

Titslover
22-03-22, 10:58 AM
From what I saw their left edge defence was pretty weak (even let Townsend make a linebreak lol) but they'll have Schneider, Rapana, and maybe Cotric back this week so it could be quite a different team. A lot of basic errors from them which isn't going to happen every week (56% completion rate). We should be able to get the job done, but I hope the boys don't turn up thinking it will be an easy game.

Titanic
22-03-22, 02:11 PM
The whole competition seems to have lifted a notch this year in competitiveness ... this is a winnable but danger game. They were well below par last weekend and I can't imagine them at home repeating that especially with the additions they will have. Papali is aimed right at our weakest spot. Titans x 2

JunctionBlock
22-03-22, 04:53 PM
https://i.imgur.com/JN1jvSR.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/WRR6DRI.jpg

willhelm
23-03-22, 01:41 PM
I don't understand the Raiders playing Whitehead at lock. He's one of the best second rowers in the comp and now stepping up as captain in the absence of Croker/Hodgson. Surely they would want him playing 80 at second row.

GCTTSD
23-03-22, 02:05 PM
Huge test for Sexton fermour and Herbert defending wighton on the edge. If we shut him down and complete our sets we should definitely win this one if we wanna be a top 8 side with a few bottom 8 teams from last year showing signs of improvement

willhelm
23-03-22, 03:11 PM
Huge test for Sexton fermour and Herbert defending wighton on the edge. If we shut him down and complete our sets we should definitely win this one if we wanna be a top 8 side with a few bottom 8 teams from last year showing signs of improvement

Fermor defends on the other side with AJ, Kelly and Sami. It will be Fifita, Sexton, Herbert, Marzhew on that side.

Titslover
23-03-22, 04:03 PM
Which is our side that the Eels and to an extent the Warriors targeted all game lol. They did look better last week, although obviously Warriors aren't as dangerous as the Eels. Hopefully they keep gelling and improving.

DIEHARD
23-03-22, 07:38 PM
Game Day Guide: Raiders v Titans
https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2022/03/23/game-day-guide-raiders-v-titans/

DIEHARD
23-03-22, 07:39 PM
AJ injection ignites left side fireworks
https://www.titans.com.au/news/2022/03/23/aj-injection-ignites-left-side-fireworks/

AJ Brimson's return to the Titans at the weekend helped light a spark on the left edge in the 20-18 win against the Warriors, with the repositioned playmaker's influence felt in only the third tackle of the game.

Fans would've been in a spot of bother if they arrived to Cbus Super Stadium a few moments after kick-off, likely missing the first try which was the result of a slick Brimson break, down in Gold Coast territory, before linking up with rising enforcer Beau Fermor to score in the opening minute.

Coach Justin Holbrook hadn't even properly settled into the coach's box before the points-scoring party began.

"I thought he was terrific. He came up with some big plays... one right at the start of the game and the one in the second half that was a difference in the game," Holbrook said.

"I think he's going to be fantastic for our side at five-eighth and his combinations will get better and better with Toby (Sexton) and Jayden Campbell as the weeks go on.

"I'm really happy with AJ in particular, first up in those conditions."

To general pundits of the game who were none the wiser that it was the Origin's first official game as the full-time No. 6, it looked as if he had played there his entire career, and the dainty combination with Fermor and outside backs Brian Kelly and Phillip Sami helped pile on two of the Titans' four tries of the afternoon.

The success of 23-year-old Fermor, who has begun the year as a starter on the edge, has pleased the Titans head coach who has relished his evolvement over the pre-season.

"He's developing into a great young player and I think the back end of last year, he got everybody's attention by showing how good a player he can be," Holbrook said.

"He's another guy that's working hard on his game and improving his skill level and he's got plenty of speed as he showed in that first try on the weekend.

"He's a very coachable young player that's got all the attributes you want in a person.

"We're getting some real good combinations, in particular now with AJ, but that left edge is really solid and we'll keep working with the right to put us in a good spot."

Whilst opposition teams might fear the left edge, on the right is the Titans' marquee man David Fifita, who fans know all too well what damage he can do on the footy field.

As his combination slowly begins to gel with new half Toby Sexton, which will allow the Maroons enforcer to get his hands on more footy, he'll be the key to the Titans' one, two punch on both sides of the field.

"We've got to get his combination with Toby going better. I think they ran into each other once out there, but that'll come," Holbrook said.

"The important thing is early in the year is if you can get the wins together and then the combinations will improve. That's what we want to work on, but the more involved we can get him, the better side we're going to be.

"We just want him to be hard running back-rower for us.

"We've got AJ who helped setup a couple of tries, Toby's a great organiser and Jayden... we've got enough strike that we don't want to rely on him, but the more involved we can get him, the better.

Not just a hulking metre-eating forward, Fifita is also quite the handy ball-player, as seen in his pinpoint tip-on to Greg Marzhew for the Titans' third try on Saturday afternoon.

"I'm pleased he threw [the pass]. He's worked hard and that's what we're working hard on with him... his skill level, and he so skilful for a big guy and everyone just wants him to run," Holbrook said.

"I thought he was a bit gun shy in Round 1 where he did just tuck it under the arm and the outside defenders came rushing in.

"That was a great pass to Greg Marzhew and the more he can do that, then the more the opposition can't come and gang up on him and he can have a bit more joy with his carries as well."

Rolling up the sleeves and finishing off plays spectacularly on the right is the 24-year-old flyer, who has been given his opportunity through the injury to Corey Thompson.

Scoring two tries and running for 222 metres against the Warriors, the 10-game powerhouse really flexed his muscle in Round 2, which will give Holbrook quite the selection headache when both Thompson and new recruit Jamayne Isaako are ready to return.

"He'd have to be one of the strongest in the NRL, the way he carries the ball. That's what we want him to bring," Holbrook said.

"Everyone's got strengths and weaknesses and his strength is the absolute barnstorming carries. He's working really hard on his defence and I don't think he was to blame a lot for Round 1.

"There was a lot of recklessness from other guys but we settled it and got it right for the majority of Round 2, which was excellent and we've got to keep getting that better."

DIEHARD
23-03-22, 07:44 PM
Jolliffe welcomes cooler change for Canberra challenge
https://www.titans.com.au/news/2022/03/22/jolliffe-welcomes-cooler-change-for-canberra-challenge/

As a proud Wagga Wagga boy playing all his junior footy in New South Wales, Saturday's steamy conditions at Cbus Super Stadium was foreign territory for Jaimin Jolliffe.

Although enduring the balmy Autumn sun the Gold Coast had to offer for the 2pm kick-off, fans wouldn't have noticed a dip in performance from the 25-year-old powerhouse off the pine, getting through plenty of work in a solid 39 minute stint in his second game of the season.

This included 27 tackles, 105 running metres and an incredible try-saving effort that prevented Chanel Harris-Tevita from scoring in a pivotal moment of the 20-18 victory.

"It was obviously pretty hot out there and tough conditions, but I thought the boys dug in well," Jolliffe said.

"We were all there for each other, but it was a bit sloppy at times. We made it hard for ourselves, but we got there in the end and were happy to do it in front of our home fans."

Preventing the Warriors from crossing the chalk in the final 40 minutes - the second week in a row the side has held out their goal-line after the same was seen against Parramatta in week one - the interchange prop wants to build on the positives shown to continually improve as the season progresses.

"There's never the perfect game and we're always looking to get better, so we look at everything," Jolliffe said, speaking after completing the team's weekly review session.

"We try and break it down and see what we can do better. I think that's where we see all our improvement from, looking what you're doing wrong and trying to fix it.

"We did get early points there but we let them back in and made it tough for ourselves at times, but the effort was there and you can always build on that.

"If you don't have any effort, then you don't have a base.

"We obviously have a lot of polishing to do, but I thought the effort shown was a big thing as well as working hard for each other.

"The other things, like in attack and being a bit more tidy and fluid will come soon enough."

Although the side is accustomed to the warm mid-afternoon conditions due to training in such heat and humidity almost everyday - especially in the pre-season, they'll enjoy the cool change GIO Stadium in Canberra will offer when they face off against the Raiders on Saturday night.

"We're lucky enough to get to train in these conditions, so we're probably are suited to it. We're always ready for that time of game, but it'll be good to go down there and it be a bit cooler," Jolliffe said.

"I think it'll be a faster game and everyone will be feeling a bit better for it.

"They'd be pretty disappointed with [last week's game against the Cowboys] and I think especially at their home ground, they’ll be looking to come out and really fix up what they did wrong, so we won't take them lightly.

"We'll look at what they did in that game against the Cowboys, but we know there'll be a different team, for sure."

The 43-game forward also relished the return of AJ Brimson to the side, enjoying his switch to the halves.

"He's just got that X-Factor. He can create something out of nothing and he's a real leader on the field," Jolliffe said.

"We've got a young spine and he's probably the most experienced in it, so when he gets out there, he just leads you around and he's very vocal.

"You never feel lost out there, so it was really good to have him back."

coreythompson
24-03-22, 01:23 AM
Where is Corey Thompson

Titanic Believer
24-03-22, 07:11 AM
Where is Corey Thompson

I love the way Corey plays and hope he is back soon, but how is Cory Thompsons general health. He is getting on. Is Isaako insurance? Just asking.

DIEHARD
25-03-22, 10:56 PM
Proctor inspired to celebrate Māori heritage in Raiders bout
:video:https://www.titans.com.au/news/2022/03/25/proctor-inspired-to-celebrate-mori-heritage-in-raiders-bout/

Kevin Proctor had an absolute field day the last time he faced off against the Raiders, and ahead of the Titans' Round 3 clash against the green machine, the veteran forward has some added motivation to bring home the two points.

The Kiwi International crossed the line twice in spectacular fashion when in Canberra just under 12 months ago, helping the Gold Coast notch up a record 44-6 win in the nation's capital.

As the NRL celebrates the inaugural Multicultural Round across both the NRL and NRLW competitions, the 277-game enforcer is hoping for similar success whilst representing his proud Māori heritage.

"I'm a proud Māori man from Te Kuiti, New Zealand... Ngā Puhi is my tribe," Proctor said.

"It's awesome from the NRL to acknowledge all the different cultures in the NRL because there's quite a few proud cultures there.

"They've done a really good job and I'm looking forward to representing my culture this weekend."

Playing a new role for the Titans this season - offering a versatile middle and edge forward option off the bench for coach Justin Holbrook - the 33-year-old has enjoyed the change, but naturally wants to continue working hard to get back into a starting jersey at some stage this season.

"It's been a pretty exciting start to the year. I suppose I've got a different role this year, but it's been good. I've been enjoying it and it's been keeping my legs a bit fresher," Proctor said.

"Hopefully I can slide back into [the starting side], but it is what it is.

"Everyone just has to do their job and as long as I'm doing my job, we've all got the same goal at the end of the year to hopefully reach the final and lift the trophy like every other team does, so it doesn't really change my mindset.

"We're working well as a unit this year and hopefully we can keep that going against the Raiders."

Despite putting a record number of points on the Raiders the last time the two teams met, the experienced edge forward is weary the home side will be motivated to run out with a vengeance after a strong start to the season at GIO Stadium before last weekend's disappointing trip to North Queensland.

"They're always tough to beat down there in Canberra. The crowd give them an extra lift with the Viking Clap and they love playing down there as well," Proctor said.

"They had a good win over Cronulla in the first round and everyone saw the Sharks do a job on St George last night, so it's going to be a tough game.

"But we're ready to go to war."

The Gold Coast's opponents are set to welcome back some big names for the clash, such as Nick Cotric and Kiwi teammate Jordan Rapana - to which Proctor has given a word of warning to.

"I've be speaking to Jordan every day as he's a really good mate of mine. I just told him not to run on my side of the field," Proctor joked.

"But he's really keen to get in there after being suspended from All Stars match.

"He's really looking forward to it and reckons the team's up and about, so we need to bring our A game."

DIEHARD
25-03-22, 10:58 PM
Captains Run Gallery: NRL Round 3
https://www.titans.com.au/news/2022/03/25/captains-run-gallery-nrl-round-3/

DIEHARD
26-03-22, 04:51 AM
Raiders v Titans: Schneider takes reins again; Same 17 for Holbrook
https://www.nrl.com/news/2022/03/22/raiders-v-titans-schneider-takes-reins-again-same-17-for-holbrook/

The Raiders will want to move on quickly from a below-par performance in Townsville which took some of the gloss off a courageous first-up win over the Sharks.

Ricky Stuart's men had just 44 per cent of the ball against the Cowboys and completed at just 56 per cent, giving themselves virtually no hope of coming away with a win.

The Titans are 1-1 on the back of a narrow loss to Parramatta and a narrow win over the Warriors, both games showcasing their attacking flair and defensive frailties in equal portions.

With AJ Brimson looking right at home in the No.6 and Toby Sexton more composed each week in the No.7 they'll head to GIO Stadium confident of emulating their 44-6 triumph in round 16 last year when 11 of their 17 players ran for more than 100 metres.

The Rundown

Team news
Raiders: Nick Cotric (quad) dropped out of the squad on Friday and his place is taken by Seb Kris. Experienced outside back Jordan Rapana (suspension) returns on the wing with James Schiller dropping out.

Brad Schneider (COVID protocols) is back in the No.7 so Matt Frawley goes to the bench and Adrian Trevilyan to the reserves.

Titans: Coach Justin Holbrook has gone with the same 17 which got the job done against the Warriors in round two.

New signing Jamayne Isaako was listed among the reserves on Tuesday after making the immdediate switch from the Broncos but he was omitted on Friday when the squad was cut to 19.

Key match-up
Jack Wighton v AJ Brimson: It took Brimson less than a minute to stamp his authority on the Titans' round two clash with the Warriors, busting the defence and sending Beau Fermor away for the opening try. Brimson last played five-eighth in 2019 but gives every indication he has the finesse and flair to be a huge success in the No.6. Wighton is Canberra's go-to man when they need a spark and the 2020 Dally M Medal winner rarely lets his team down, as evidenced by his eight tackle breaks in a losing cause against the Cowboys.

Stat attack
The Titans have come up with 10 line breaks in the opening two rounds compared to just five for the Raiders. Wingers Phil Sami and Greg Marzhew have been a constant threat in attack and posted two line breaks each. Between them Sami and Marzhew ran for a whopping 431 metres against the Warriors.

Dooldog76
26-03-22, 04:49 PM
I'm not confident today. Canberra will be hard to beat at home. Positives are that it will be considerably cooler than our previous 2 games. The last two games we have been playing pretty consistent footy, hopefully we show up again.

psmitty
26-03-22, 06:48 PM
Fifita to score a try tonight and have a blinder.

DIEHARD
26-03-22, 07:26 PM
This Storm v Parra golden point match is really firing me up for our game.

Delayed kick-off for our match due to this.

DIEHARD
26-03-22, 07:28 PM
Late mail: Titans stick solid for Raiders rumble
https://www.titans.com.au/news/2022/03/26/late-mail-titans-stick-solid-for-raiders-rumble/

The Gold Coast Titans will remain unchanged as they prepare to face the Canberra Raiders at GIO Stadium.

Coach Justin Holbrook has opted to keep the same 17 that defeated the Warriors last Saturday, with no injuries or suspensions coming from the gutsy 20-18 win at Cbus Super Stadium.

DIEHARD
26-03-22, 07:29 PM
Late Mail: Raiders v Titans
https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2022/03/26/late-mail-raiders-v-titans/

The Raiders have named their final 17 for tonight's match against the Titans at GIO Stadium.

Matt Frawley will start as hooker, with Tom Starling shifting to the bench.

Xavier Savage has been named as 18th man.

DIEHARD
26-03-22, 07:33 PM

DIEHARD
26-03-22, 07:36 PM
10mins until kick off

DIEHARD
26-03-22, 07:50 PM
Raiders inside pass looked forward. Fortunately didn't look for support.

DIEHARD
26-03-22, 07:58 PM
SAMI MASTERCLASS™? Great ball from AJ.

GCTTSD
26-03-22, 07:59 PM
Credit to Holbrook I can't remember the last time we looked so fluent in attack and running shape Inside the opposition 20

DIEHARD
26-03-22, 07:59 PM

Hail Sezer
26-03-22, 08:03 PM
We’re lucky they’ve made a few mistakes. Defence looks awful across the park

5 Year Contract
26-03-22, 08:09 PM
I love this new titans attack and honestly it’s starting to shine the light on not having to pay all these overs to have players create magic from nothing when you have solid halves executing. Fogharty who???

DIEHARD
26-03-22, 08:16 PM
Fermor is a revelation.

DIEHARD
26-03-22, 08:22 PM

DIEHARD
26-03-22, 08:24 PM
32:40- Interchange #2
INTERCHANGE #2
ON Jaimin Jolliffe
OFF Moeaki Fotuaika

32:18- Interchange #1
INTERCHANGE #1
ON Sam Lisone
OFF Isaac Liu

5 Year Contract
26-03-22, 08:32 PM
Weak ****. Can’t go giving them a sniff on the half time bell

DIEHARD
26-03-22, 08:32 PM

DIEHARD
26-03-22, 08:33 PM

Frustrating to let that in with something like 30 seconds to go. A bit of a Titans trope. Hopefully it slaps us in the face to improve our defence.

gotitans101_
26-03-22, 08:35 PM
Earlier in that half I was thinking Kelly looked super suspect in defence...

Dooldog76
26-03-22, 08:35 PM

Annoying. I actually thought that offload went into a titans player

Hail Sezer
26-03-22, 08:36 PM
Earlier in that half I was thinking Kelly looked super suspect in defence...

So did I

Boonarga
26-03-22, 08:37 PM
Credit to Holbrook I can't remember the last time we looked so fluent in attack and running shape Inside the opposition 20

Never. That's when. Never.

Hail Sezer
26-03-22, 08:38 PM
Need to improve first contact and wrapping up the offload. Their completions will improve in the second half and our boys need to be prepared to grind it out

5 Year Contract
26-03-22, 08:38 PM
Yeah looked like it was off us and then a forward pass but either way that’s the ball game. We had been so dominant and just reverted back to the titans of old. Im still not sold on JC at this stage I have no doubt he is out lifetime #1 moving forward but even then he just doesn’t seem to have his cover defence sorted at this stage bit early days for him

Titanic
26-03-22, 08:39 PM
Even with a great score like this our defense looks very pedestrian … line speed slow, off loads at will and post tackle meters outrageous. Like Fifita’s greater involvement and running on to the ball. I don’t want to criticize JC and I hope he’s not injured but looks like the odd one out. Solid under the high ball but that’s about it.

Fingers crossed out defensive resolve ramps up in the second half.

Boonarga
26-03-22, 08:39 PM
I was ambivalent about moving AJ to 5/8. Not any more. He's a superstar. Brilliant in defence and his attack is even better.
Now to fix up the defence hole he left at fullback.

5 Year Contract
26-03-22, 08:41 PM
I was ambivalent about moving AJ to 5/8. Not any more. He's a superstar. Brilliant in defence and his attack is even better.
Now to fix up the defence hole he left at fullback.

If it was me I would move Thompson back to FB and give JC some time in QCup to work on his cover and some time in the gym

Hail Sezer
26-03-22, 08:44 PM
Have I missed JC not covering something tonight? Genuinely asking - I know he had some issues last week but haven’t seen him even tested defensively tonight (thankfully)

His lack of involvement looks like a player low on confidence. Hopefully he tests them around the middle a bit in the second half

5 Year Contract
26-03-22, 08:50 PM
I think this is our first big test coming up. So many times last year we would be wading at half time and just capitulate. Let’s just start hard. Complete sets. No dumb penalties and let’s be the first to score.

Let’s go boys

- - - Updated - - -

Have I missed JC not covering something tonight? Genuinely asking - I know he had some issues last week but haven’t seen him even tested defensively tonight (thankfully)

His lack of involvement looks like a player low on confidence. Hopefully he tests them around the middle a bit in the second half

It’s not pitchforks out for JC but the last 3 weeks his defence at the back in cover has been a bit below par and in attack few times running when he had players steaming up outside. Again he hasn’t even played 10 first grade games I just wonder if they continue to press forward when it’s so early in the season and he might need a bit of work

- - - Updated - - -

Anyone else tonight think it’s Fifita making big runs out wide and then it’s Fermour hahaha what a beast

Hail Sezer
26-03-22, 08:52 PM
Bit of urgency would be nice JC

5 Year Contract
26-03-22, 08:52 PM
Terrible JC

- - - Updated - - -

Absolutely what I was afraid of just the simple things like getting out of the in goal

Hail Sezer
26-03-22, 08:53 PM
Bit of urgency would be nice JC

I repeat

Titanic
26-03-22, 08:53 PM
Every other fullback gets back into the field … lost all our momentum and they score.

5 Year Contract
26-03-22, 08:55 PM
Pathetic boys need to switch back on and yep think it’s time JC has a few rounds in QCup

DIEHARD
26-03-22, 08:56 PM
47:30- Interchange #3
INTERCHANGE #3
ON Kevin Proctor
OFF Tino Fa'asuamaleaui
Titans

5 Year Contract
26-03-22, 08:56 PM
Canberra is just making easy meters here if they start completing we are in trouble

Dooldog76
26-03-22, 08:58 PM
He was held. Pure crap

Hail Sezer
oh no we have seen this movie before

DIEHARD
#### x 5 ...

5 Year Contract
26-03-22, 08:59 PM
Slow line speed, no attack! We just aren’t top 8 material until we fix our defence

lonegull
26-03-22, 09:00 PM
Good old titans rocks or diamonds

- - - Updated - - -

Slow line speed, no attack! We just aren’t top 8 material until we fix our defence

Yep no line speed and sitting on our heels waiting for the raiders

5 Year Contract
26-03-22, 09:01 PM
We just spiral. If we could ever just cop a try and regroup we would be a so much better team but we are paper tigers at times

DIEHARD
26-03-22, 09:03 PM
51:57- Interchange #5
INTERCHANGE #5
ON Will Smith
OFF Erin Clark
Titans

51:57- Interchange #4
INTERCHANGE #4
ON Moeaki Fotuaika
OFF Sam Lisone
Titans

5 Year Contract
26-03-22, 09:03 PM
Smiths dummy half play is too slow and balls at peoples heads

SCoast Titan
26-03-22, 09:04 PM
Whighton is leading the raiders back into it. Our halves need to take control and lead the way

5 Year Contract
26-03-22, 09:07 PM
Well there it is the worst captains challenge I’ve seen from the raiders

- - - Updated - - -

Absolute coach killer Sami

DIEHARD
26-03-22, 09:07 PM
Well there it is the worst captains challenge I’ve seen from the raiders

That was fun at least.

Hopefully we can get back on the front foot.

DIEHARD
26-03-22, 09:09 PM
Scary take Marzhew. Phew.

DIEHARD
26-03-22, 09:10 PM
That intercept is a savage shift in momentum. Hold on boys.

lonegull
26-03-22, 09:11 PM
Gone, dumb football and clueless

Hail Sezer
You guys remember the Broncos and Rabbitohs games last year?

Titslover
This will be so ****ing embarrassing if we lose this.

NZTITAN
26-03-22, 09:12 PM
Round 8 vs Broncos 2021, 2.0.

5 Year Contract
26-03-22, 09:13 PM
We are shot! No way we hold on they are taking 15-20m a run

gotitans101_
26-03-22, 09:13 PM
Why is our captain still off the field?

5 Year Contract
26-03-22, 09:18 PM
We need fresh legs

- - - Updated - - -

Can we get Clark on for gods sake. Smith is like watching paint dry

- - - Updated - - -

How do you not keep him in the in goal for gods sake

DIEHARD
26-03-22, 09:20 PM
66:07- Interchange #7
INTERCHANGE #7
ON Tino Fa'asuamaleaui
Titans

gotitans101_
26-03-22, 09:20 PM
Have to agree with others re Campbell. Not impressed.

DIEHARD
26-03-22, 09:25 PM
God it's the Battle of Helms Deep all over again.

gotitans101_
26-03-22, 09:28 PM
Campbell is always caught out of position. He's ****ing useless.

mdrew
26-03-22, 09:29 PM
I can't take it anymore OMG

lonegull
Campbell is always caught out of position. He's ****ing useless.

His had a shocker tonight, no urgency what so ever

5 Year Contract
Weak as piss this team. Absolutely pathetic

DIEHARD
26-03-22, 09:30 PM
O_O

Just can't process this. This is humiliating. Overwhelmed and suffocated. Raiders look a brand new team.

Titanic
26-03-22, 09:30 PM
WTF watching the try getting scored …. very disappointing

gotitans101_
26-03-22, 09:31 PM
Any half-decent fullback would have knocked that dead. Pathetic.

lonegull
26-03-22, 09:31 PM
Starling turned this game he has killed them out of dummy half

JunctionBlock
26-03-22, 09:32 PM
What do you say except absolutely pathetic right edge and full back. No faith in team that allows 79m set gains.

gotitans101_
26-03-22, 09:33 PM
Starling turned this game he has killed them out of dummy half

Meanwhile we have Will Smith & Kevin Proctor coming off our bench.

Hail Sezer
26-03-22, 09:34 PM
Meanwhile we have Will Smith & Kevin Proctor coming off our bench.

Smith is really bad. It’s like defending with 12

Boonarga
26-03-22, 09:35 PM
Why no challenge? That went backwards.

Hail Sezer
26-03-22, 09:36 PM
Embarrassing. No one player to blame either.

5 Year Contract
Early days but I need a break I’m over this. See you in a few months lads

gotitans101_
Jim Dimmock is still our defensive coach hahahaha

DIEHARD
26-03-22, 09:37 PM
Deserved famous Raiders win for all the Raiders players to enjoy who didn't leave at half time.

We were exposed in embarrassing fashion. The type that sticks.

Mood: :fist:

gotitans101_
26-03-22, 09:38 PM
Early days but I need a break I’m over this. See you in a few months lads

Feel the same way. ****ing over this team. Sick of all the false hype at the start of every season. How the **** do you still give up a 22-0 lead after last year? Have they learned nothing?

lonegull
26-03-22, 09:40 PM
Lol that goes to show where this team is at, the game management in the second half was non existent let the raiders roll down the field and starling control the ruck. Some terrible options in the titans sets played like a team that hasn’t trained together. Our bench was woeful joliffe had a few good runs but that was about it.

Titanic
26-03-22, 09:40 PM
Such a shambles and no matter how impressive having attacking structures might be but without mongrel in defense we will never beat anybody.

Wighton is right without the first half penalties we get beaten x 20

DIEHARD
26-03-22, 09:43 PM
It's shocking that we couldn't put this game away. Let alone go on with it.

Is Thompson due back next week? Slot him into #1 please for now. He must be close.

Nam78
26-03-22, 09:47 PM
Wow....dont know what to say. It doesnt matter if we are up by 50....we always find a way to let it all go. Wow im so over this crap! No grit or heart....wow...just dig deep boys!

Boonarga
26-03-22, 09:48 PM
Want to watch a Titans team play with some heart? Watch the girls tomorrow.
CT and Wallace must be back next week.

5 Year Contract
Like it just feels like ground hog day every year. We win a few and then we lose winnable games. We capitulate. Dumb errors. Sitting on our line like I know we say this all the time but how do we change it? Do we just go hey maybe in 10
Years we jag a fluke season? We have had 5 coaches, hundreds or players but the same problems persist. We sign players to these big contracts and every other club they elevate their game. Not us. Just taking the piss. Read my comments earlier the second they scored at half time I knew we were ****ed because we are a weak minded team who cannot withstand the tiniest bit of adversity.

I’ll be back when they who me they can play and maybe one year are actually worth the 100s I blow on membership. Not good enough and I’m ****ing tired of glossing over it every week

Hail Sezer
CT and Wallace must be back next week.

After the way Wallace played for Burleigh last week I’m not sure he’s earned a recall

MaroonTitan
26-03-22, 09:50 PM
Frawley starting was a masterclass from Ricky.

Starling is always most effective running at tired fowards.

DIEHARD
26-03-22, 09:50 PM

Roger that. Just the medicine I need right now.

Going to go sink back into my The Walking Dead marathon and try not to be reminded of our second half.

Nam78
26-03-22, 09:51 PM
Well the girls are playing with heart! I agree! Thompson to fb.....come on make some changes now to sort out the season....

gotitans101_
26-03-22, 09:51 PM
After the way Wallace played for Burleigh last week I’m not sure he’s earned a recall

Lol

Whats Doing
26-03-22, 09:52 PM
I don’t care how good our attack is, our defence is still atrocious. We have learnt nothing from last year. It was embarrassing to see the Raiders making 70 metres almost every set of 6 and we are still just making up the numbers.

I agree with others on JC. He is not NRL standard and does not have the desperation required of a fullback

gotitans101_
26-03-22, 09:53 PM
If only Jaylan-de-Groot was a year or two older. I liked what I saw from that kid in the trial game.

hungryjacks
26-03-22, 09:53 PM
We should move either Lui or Moe to the bench so they can play the whole middle of the game for us.

ozynorts
26-03-22, 09:54 PM
That was devastating. We were so flat in the second half and once they got a roll on we lacked composure and direction. Unfortunately that is going to be an issue for a while as we don’t have a senior half who can take control.
No excuse for the forwards though, they failed to aim up in the second half. For all the talk of Lisone bringing impact off the bench, I don’t think he could have taken the skin off a custard tonight.
JC is on thin ice. I was calling for calm last week saying the kids need to be given a chance and I still believe that but he needs to lift. The lack of effort to knock the ball dead was disappointing.

Nam78
26-03-22, 09:57 PM
Yeah its really hard to watch our defense let the raiders run 70 metres lol....our defense is.....yeah no words. Look i like JC, but he isnt nrl standard yet. Cant think on the fly.....

- - - Updated - - -

Ok im still really pissed by that display....all i hear is that fu...king viking .....clap ....its really annoying me!

gotitans101_
26-03-22, 09:58 PM
I know I've ragged on Tanah Boyd in previous years but I think we really would have benefitted him coming on for Clarke instead of Smith in a game like tonight. We looked tired and out of energy up the middle and Starling exposed it badly.

JunctionBlock
I know I've ragged on Tanah Boyd in previous years but I think we really would have benefitted him coming on for Clarke instead of Smith in a game like tonight. We looked tired and out of energy up the middle and Starling exposed it badly.

I think he broke his jaw last week

gotitans101_
Yeah its really hard to watch our defense let the raiders run 70 metres lol....our defense is.....yeah no words. Look i like JC, but he isnt nrl standard yet. Cant think on the fly.....

- - - Updated - - -

Ok im still really pissed by that display....all i hear is that fu...king viking .....clap ....its really annoying me!

Viking clap = cringe.

- - - Updated - - -

I think he broke his jaw last week

Yeah I know. Would have probably been named otherwise.

Hail Sezer
26-03-22, 09:59 PM
If only Jaylan-de-Groot was a year or two older. I liked what I saw from that kid in the trial game.

He’s got a good future. Polar opposite player to JC style-wise which is great for a roster

Paul Turner been playing fullback for Tweed and looking pretty sharp too.

Isaako will also be available for Thursday’s game vs the Tigers.

I’ve given JC the benefit of the doubt but sheesh he looks so low on confidence. Does Holbroook pull the trigger?

Nam78
26-03-22, 10:00 PM
I hate to say it.....but i feel we really need a half.....someone to take control....with heart....

Hail Sezer
26-03-22, 10:01 PM
I hate to say it.....but i feel we really need a half.....someone to take control....with heart....

Can’t agree there. Think Sexton is our guy at least for now. 20 year old needs these kind of lessons to learn

DIEHARD
26-03-22, 10:02 PM
Ok im still really pissed by that display....all i hear is that u...king viking .....clap ....its really annoying me!

And the horn!

Here is one for the Game of Thrones fans out there. (Language warning)

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/QXJ4OxOLLx8?start=65" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

JunctionBlock
26-03-22, 10:03 PM
Halfs were the only light in the game. Our defensive structure is bewildering.

Nam78
26-03-22, 10:03 PM
Ok i hear you....but hes young making alot of mistakes....we need someone to stand up and ummm say something. There was no go forward in the 2nd half...he needs a better hair cut....fu..k me! Sorry lol

DIEHARD
26-03-22, 10:05 PM
Isaako will also be available for Thursday’s game vs the Tigers.

After all that chaos, I forgot about that. Thompson or Isaako. I think something should happen. It's not the end for JC by any measure.

Hail Sezer
26-03-22, 10:06 PM
Holbrook playing his straight bat in the press conference. Few cliches and dipped.

DIEHARD
26-03-22, 10:09 PM
77:20- Interchange #8
INTERCHANGE #8
ON Erin Clark
OFF Jayden Campbell

Nam78
26-03-22, 10:09 PM
I agree put Isaako in and thompson on the wing....come on lets make some change. I cant fault our wings.....sami has really stepped up....our centres are pretty good.....thompson half back....joking lol....where do we put him! We need change boys! We need to finish games!

DIEHARD
26-03-22, 10:10 PM
Raiders v Titans high and low lights.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/yN7WsTuh2D8" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Whats Doing
26-03-22, 10:14 PM
I just don’t rate Lisone at all. He is a huge liability in defence and was again really poor tonight and you cannot get big minutes out if him. Not a big fan of Wallace either but he adds a bit more value. Smith is not a hooker and adds nothing when he comes on in that position.

ozynorts
26-03-22, 10:15 PM
I don’t agree with Isaako coming straight in. Doesn’t know the calls etc yet to be able to direct the team from the back. It should be Thompson if we make a change at the back.

Boonarga
26-03-22, 10:16 PM
77:20- Interchange #8
INTERCHANGE #8
ON Erin Clark
OFF Jayden Campbell

Whoa! Didn't notice that. Looks like he won't be picked next week.

Hail Sezer
26-03-22, 10:19 PM
Whoa! Didn't notice that. Looks like he won't be picked next week.

He was nursing a rib injury and had ice strapped to it after the game. Think that’s why he came off.

DIEHARD
26-03-22, 10:21 PM
I know it doesn't count for much but for the record. AJ wasn't off side.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/vV35nwnHaZE" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

ozynorts
26-03-22, 10:25 PM
It was picked up by the commentators as well.

Titanic
26-03-22, 10:26 PM
It’s not rocket science … these are professional games … JC had proven that his game is well below NRL level … no line breaks, 1 try assist, a lot of missed tackles, gave up on the game and badly out of position when it matters across all three games. Sexton and AJ just lacking experience. Don’t like wholesale changes but there needs to be a wake-up call. Clark’s rotation needs some serious thought as Smith doesn’t look like the answer. JWall needs to be in the rotation I think. KP isn’t the answer. He wasn’t last year and it’s the same this year. I’d give Thompson the 1 and Isaako on the bench. Also Marsters for Herbert who seems well out of sorts.

Just-a-Fan
27-03-22, 12:16 AM
I dont know but how come if Sami misses what 3 tackles everyone wants him out of the side Mazhew missed 5 and all is good I don't rate him to be honest need to be able to tackle as well
AJ not a 5/8 he a FB needs more time to be able to come in when he wants to and also would be able to stop a few ties there as well
JC not there yet
Hookers well still looking for him I guess Clarks a good bench player ring the sharks coach and get McCinnes here

The Birdman
27-03-22, 01:54 AM
Same as last week our middles are just so, so soft. Lui has done nothing to tighten up our middle and he's been a poor signing so far.

How do you win games when the opposition rolls through your middle at will to the tune of 50-60+ metres every set. Fifita really hates rolling his sleeves up and just refused to get up after making tackles to get to marker repeatedly.

Absolutely embarrassing performance. That second half is up there with one of our worst of all time.

It's going to be a very long year at this rate.

DIEHARD
27-03-22, 03:26 AM
Press conference: Round 3
:video:https://www.titans.com.au/news/2022/03/26/press-conference-round-3/
Justin Holbrook and Tino Fa'asuamaleaui chat to the media after their Round 3 NRL Telstra Premiership match against the Canberra Raiders

hungryjacks
27-03-22, 08:11 AM
Think that might of been one of the worst losses to swallow. Without Tino on the field we have no leadership. We neede Ese'Ese or Wallace back on the bench and drop Liu to the bench so he can be the experienced head on the field when the starters are not on it. Lisone and Proctor dont really fit into the team at moment. Personally I would have CT and Issako entering the team aswell but maybe just 1 instead of 2 changes to the backline would be warranted.

Hail Sezer
27-03-22, 08:57 AM
Missed tackles - Marzhew 6, Herbert 5, Fifita 6. That’s our defensive right edge. And it isn’t just the misses - its awful reads, bad communication, passive effort and sloppy execution. Look at how many times Canberra would go at that edge in early yardage to make metres and get momentum. Then they’d go to their middles and roll off the back of it. Then they’d go back and target that edge again to come up with their points. And repeat.

Also, Liu was the only forward who made 20+ tackles and missed 0. Detail in his game is very good. Plays his role well and has every week. Think it’s harsh and a bit of a reach to say he’s been a bad signing, at least with what I’ve seen so far.

JunctionBlock
27-03-22, 09:56 AM
I know it doesn't count for much but for the record. AJ wasn't off side.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/vV35nwnHaZE" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I suppose that's why we have a captains challenge, which we either use for dumb **** or never use.

WolfBuddy4
27-03-22, 11:50 AM
Our Right edge has leaked tries the past 3 weeks and Marzhew and Herbert always find a way to not stay on their players. Cant help but to be worried every time raiders swung ball their way. Thompson would add the experience to that wing and hopefully provide more voice and direction to Herbert when to slide as Herbert can tackle.
Hate to say it but our bench adding nothing that game. I'm definitely onboard to change it up a little to put players on notice.
Again, Jayden Campbell was underwhelming with his involvement and positioning but I'm happy to give him more time, as our coaching staff try to work with him (as we know isaako vs titans in the broncs 20pt comeback last year was caught out on positioning too).
The halves really struggled to control that game too at crucial moments, just pinning them in their corner. Raiders were abysmal first half, starling and wighton really dominated and we could use a starling ourself off the bench. Maybe isaako/p. turner could add little bit of dynamic change in pace. We really lacking those bench impact forwards that can attack with our defence.

I'm happy to run with this team next week:

1. JC
2. Sami
3. Kelly
4. Herbert
5. Thompson
6. AJ
7. Sexton
8. Mo
9. E. Clark
10. I. Liu
11. Fermor
12. McIntrye
13. Tino

14. D. Fifita
15. H Ese Ese
16. J. Isaako
17. J. Jollife

hungryjacks
27-03-22, 11:51 AM
I rated Liu as our best on the park last night maybe except for Tino its just that we miss alot of something when they all come off the field together our starters.

AJ should of used the captains challenge.

Fifita is too weak in defence for him to be playing 80 minutes on an edge. Compare him to other high quality backrowers that shoot up off the line every set and put pressure on the opposing enemy every play.

GCTTSD
27-03-22, 01:01 PM
Bench needs an overhaul starling and co dominated out middles once our starters finally got a rest, joliffe and lisone to big and slow especially in defence and will smith is not a hooker but there's not many better options with tana injured

Also I think we are really missing a ballplaying 13 like Radley and Yeo, would help our halves enormously

Titslover
27-03-22, 01:03 PM
Stolen from reddit but:
Seventh time in 2021-22 the Titans have scored more than 20 points and lost.

Fifth time they have scored 20 or more first half points and lost.

9th time since 2020 Titans have been held to nil in the second half.

Absolutely embarrassing statistics, and we're quickly going to get the reputation as the chokers/ faders of the comp. Honestly if the Warriors weren't so average themselves it would've happened last week too. Not sure if it's a coaching problem or a culture problem or what but something needs to change ASAP. The attack is clearly well coached but **** me how is our defence still so awful. In my opinion Dymock can't be here next year.

The Birdman
27-03-22, 01:44 PM
All I know is the losers mentality is still well and truly stenching up the building at our club. We need an attitude adjustment in the worst way.

Titanic
27-03-22, 01:47 PM
Our defense has NO mongrel at all … I feel we need McIntyre and Wallace to bring a bit.

gotitans101_
27-03-22, 03:03 PM
When we were attacking their line in the second half, every time the ball went to Proctor I'd cringe. He is so friggin slow and predictable. Like I get he's an ok defender but I just feel he adds nothing else to this team anymore. Bring back Sammy Mac.

DIEHARD
27-03-22, 04:41 PM
AJ should of used the captains challenge.

Good point.

Even if we did sneak a win, we'd still be having a lot of the same conversations about the team.

Hail Sezer
27-03-22, 05:47 PM
Cowboys currently showing how to win a game with enthusiastic, aggressive and hard working defence.

Seeing PBC immortal Tom Dearden get his revenge game against Brisbane and their 800k halfback saviour is rather satisfying too

gotitans101_
27-03-22, 05:58 PM
I wish we could string 80 minutes of good football together like the Cowboys just did.

Boonarga
27-03-22, 06:02 PM
Could be worse. Imagine being a Brisbane fan.

Titanic
27-03-22, 06:58 PM
Yep the Badel ‘Ponies brought down to earth with a thud.

NZFan
27-03-22, 07:30 PM
Hopefully with the short turn around we see a couple of changes. Our biggest problem is when momentum swings we have no experience on the field to slow it. If Liu drops to the interchange we really don’t lose much if Wallace starts. Then Liu can use his experience when we need it most.

Herbert had an absolute bludger of a game. He hasn’t had a great start to the season it’s like he is trying too hard. I think Marzhew has been better than Herbert so far this season so sort of think that we should be changing out Herbert first before Marzhew, although I won’t be aggrieved to see Thompson get a run.

I don’t mind Proctor so much. Every team needs a toiler.
I think that the bigger issue is when he is getting used. The nbench rotation is just a bit off at the moment.

These games will be invaluable experience for Campbell. Isaako has struggled in the past to set a defensive line. I’m not sure we would gain much changing them out this early in season

RavShamrock
27-03-22, 07:34 PM
What a funny old game the Raiders game was…I'd just finished saying towards the end of the first half that we were too strong, too fast and too fit for the raiders so maybe I’m to blame for the turn around.

We had Lisone, Jolliffe on from 32min and then Proctor 47min as our middles until Mo comes back on for Lisone and Smith on for Clark @ 52min and then Lui on for Jolliffe @ 62min and the score is now 18-22 at this point. What a rotation cluster F@ck and some serious questions should be asked here.

IMO the timings are dreadful especially considering we’d played the 2 games prior in very hot conditions and also that bench is just not good enough to provide any real uplift and certainly should never ever be on the field at the same time. (This team is meant to have a lot of depth so surely we can compile a stronger bench rotation)

I know Holbrook doesn’t normally make a lot of changes but he should be using this 5 day turn around as an excuse to make some changes like bringing in Ese, Mac and Corey and yes JC needs a rest.
We are 1-2 so I hope Holbrook isn’t as stubborn as he was at the start of last year to make changes or this season will be done once again.

Titslover
27-03-22, 08:28 PM
We've got the 4th highest points scored in the comp (70), but the most points conceded (74). Sami is the highest tryscorer in the comp, BK is tied 2nd, and AJ is tied 2nd for LB assists. It's obvious we can score points, I hope the coaches just make them defend all week at training. And if we keep having issues they need to look at changing what they're doing, clearly Dymock's systems just aren't working.

Titanic
27-03-22, 10:49 PM
The conundrum is multi-tiered: (1) game management; (2) forward rotation; (3) outside backs selection, so I offer:

1. We are probably the only team with such inexperienced backs, so I think the ship-steadier could be Thompson;
2. Lisone and Proctor swapped for Wallace and McIntyre.
3. Campbell’s confidence is shot and is offering nothing right now so Thompson to 1, Sami stays on the wing.

The previous 2 games we defended well the 2nd 40 so I’m not going to blame the system just yet. Herbert, Smith and Fifita starting get another week. Just my thoughts. The Cows weren’t pretty but they were awesome today.

Detwelve12
28-03-22, 09:34 AM
Has to be the reason we lost. LoL
https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/nrl-probe-titans-tackle-count-blunder-before-stunning-raiders-comeback-20220327-p5a8cp.html

The Birdman
28-03-22, 10:13 AM
Has to be the reason we lost. LoL
https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/nrl-probe-titans-tackle-count-blunder-before-stunning-raiders-comeback-20220327-p5a8cp.html

It's definitely not the reason we lost but it didn't help that's for sure. A couple of points on this.

1. It is definitely not the first time a Sutton has screwed us over
2. Why do these things always seem to go against us in our oppositions favour? I have no doubt there is some unconscious bias against us because we've been so bad for so long. It's like referees just unconsciously assume because we are/were terrible the benefit of the doubt goes to the other team.

JunctionBlock
28-03-22, 10:41 AM
The conundrum is multi-tiered: (1) game management; (2) forward rotation; (3) outside backs selection, so I offer:

1. We are probably the only team with such inexperienced backs, so I think the ship-steadier could be Thompson;
2. Lisone and Proctor swapped for Wallace and McIntyre.
3. Campbell’s confidence is shot and is offering nothing right now so Thompson to 1, Sami stays on the wing.

The previous 2 games we defended well the 2nd 40 so I’m not going to blame the system just yet. Herbert, Smith and Fifita starting get another week. Just my thoughts. The Cows weren’t pretty but they were awesome today.

Can we move Fermor to the right, Fifita to the left, two fold, Fermor tightens up the defence on the right and Fifi gets good ball from AJ which is already a devastating edge.

I think Mo gets a rest this week after being on report so the middle rotation will be worse this week anyway.

Titslover
28-03-22, 10:59 AM
Can we move Fermor to the right, Fifita to the left, two fold, Fermor tightens up the defence on the right and Fifi gets good ball from AJ which is already a devastating edge.

I think Mo gets a rest this week after being on report so the middle rotation will be worse this week anyway.

Nah Mo only got a fine.

RavShamrock
28-03-22, 08:01 PM
I know Valerie’s tackle on Brimson was a good one but I can’t for the life of me see where he knocks it on.
AJ's hands never leave the ball so are we just making the assumption that he got hit hard so the ball must have come loose and travelled forward?
Pretty sure we were looking pretty good down that left edge after the tackle until the play was stopped.

Sorry if someone already mentioned this

Titanic Believer
30-03-22, 06:17 PM
I'm a bit slow but finally watched the replay today. I didnt bother watching the second half. (I'm not a masochist) In wonderful hindsight given the amount of ball the Raiders had and their lost opportunities, the amount of ground gained when they did hold the ball, it was inevitable that they would come back in the second half. The conclusion was that we were pretty dreadful defensively in the first half as well as the second.